Survival UK Forums

Full Version: "Loose Lips" no need to pump some folks for information!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
American, JWR again, Opsec subject. http://www.survivalblog.com/2013/06/lett...ation.html
Just mentioned about the same in regards to one of n.r's posts. No blame on n.r. But he and everybody who answered what they've got, especially the old hands SHOULD have known better.....

Public forum.......
Nup your wrong P1 talking about storing washing up liquid, tooth paste, bin bags, shampoo is the most negligable risk to opsec imaginable. Being on a prepper forum is probably a greater threat.

If we had been talking about our security arrangements of how many bows, guns, arrows, knifes etc and where they were stored could be damaging, but millions of people from all sorts of lifestyles talk on forums about bsaking, shopping, making you own, couponing for discounts, bulk buying groups etc heck Groupon is mainstream bulk buying and storing. So No sir I dont agree with you on this one.
Fair do's Big Grin

I may be more paranoid than most.Big Grin

well just take the maybe out of that .....:-D
Anyway P1, most people that bulk buy stuff, whether its food, chemicals or whatever are probably using that same stuff, so its no point TPTB making notes on what we've all bought with a view to coming banging on the door in 6 months or 12 months, its probably all(or a considerable amount of it has) been used by then!!Big Grin
I've got non preppers around here with solar panel, solar heating and water butts up to their armpits. It's a green revolution don't you know. They could find two people up my street with items like that.
Been giving it a lot of thought lately , and I agree with P1, that is why I did not post to that thread, in fact my attitude to reveal stuff I am doing on here , projects with concern to my property will no longer be posted , I have said far to much already , so no more, I will update my closest friends only , just look at the news lately to get my drift.
Sales of Wood burning stoves are at record levels, as are installations of PV systems, Water filtration systems etc, Theres a shortage of cut firewood in the north east because its so popular. As others say the grreening and off grid lifestyle now is mainstream.
Yes my point exactly
(8 June 2013, 19:47)Straight Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]Been giving it a lot of thought lately ,

Dont try thinking, I did it once took me weeks to get over it Smile
Pages: 1 2