Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Review - Fallkniven DC4 sharpening stone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A quick review.

After buying my condor bushlore, i used "standard" whetstones, but found they didnt stay flat for very long, which makes a mess of the scandinavian grind blade, (should be perfectly flat for ease of sharpening)

then i found the DC4

the first thing to note is that its a POCKET stone.

It comes in a handy leather pouch though.

because of its size it takes a little getting used to. but the diamond and ceramic plates work wonders, and seem to stay perfectly flat.

well worth the money due to the job it does,

http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/fallk...3986-p.asp
Thanks for the review, I was looking for something half decent has anyone else tried this product? I usually just use one of these! xD a bit too big but it gets the job done
http://www.yourhomedepot.com.au/getimage...nail_2.jpg
I've got a few steels, but for scandi ground blades you need a flat stone.

Steels are great for kitchen knives though!
quick update,

the stone is still going strong, it's been cleaned numerous times and not unglued itself, online reviews of an older version seem to think seperation is an issue, its certainly not happened to me yet!

I sharpen my knives semi regularly, and it's still perfectly flat as far as i can tell

also the side of the stone makes a brilliant nail file!
(4 September 2013, 14:12)Binnie Wrote: [ -> ]quick update,

the stone is still going strong, it's been cleaned numerous times and not unglued itself, online reviews of an older version seem to think seperation is an issue, its certainly not happened to me yet!

I sharpen my knives semi regularly, and it's still perfectly flat as far as i can tell

also the side of the stone makes a brilliant nail file!

Cheers for the review Binnie, very helpful.
You can never have too many ways of sharpening a knife.
I'll order one or two on Friday.
I've got a carborundum stone for sharpening my knives, works a treat, get one of the round ones they sell for sharpening scythes, then give it a clout with a heavy hammer and break it into bite sized pieces.