Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Please read this book
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys, Can I ask you to get a copy of John Christophers book EMPTY WORLD and read it, especially if you are a family.

This book is set in the 60s and written in that time as well, it tells of a pandemic that depopulates the world and leaves only a teenage boy on his own in a dying world.

I guarentee you that if nothing else that after reading it you will develop a massive compulsion to start RIGHT NOW teaching your kids essential skills such as shooting, archery, cooking, food hygiene, horse riding, cycling, driving, first aid.

This book is like an emotional slap across the face with a wet halibut, It really makes your mind go into overdrive in regards to planning for your kids and grand kids.

EMPTY WORLD JOHN CHRISTOPHER
(17 June 2013, 15:41)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, Can I ask you to get a copy of John Christophers book EMPTY WORLD and read it, especially if you are a family.

This book is set in the 60s and written in that time as well, it tells of a pandemic that depopulates the world and leaves only a teenage boy on his own in a dying world.

I guarentee you that if nothing else that after reading it you will develop a massive compulsion to start RIGHT NOW teaching your kids essential skills such as shooting, archery, cooking, food hygiene, horse riding, cycling, driving, first aid.

This book is like an emotional slap across the face with a wet halibut, It really makes your mind go into overdrive in regards to planning for your kids and grand kids.

EMPTY WORLD JOHN CHRISTOPHER

just started alas Babylon, will get this to ta very much
AB the book behind a culture, Absolutely superb and informative book.

Books to read afore you die
Alas Babylon Pat Frank
Earth Abides George Stewart
Down to a Sunless Sea David Graham
Patriots James Wesley Rawles
Day of the Triffids John Wyndham
Long Voyage Back Luke Rheinhart
Day By Day Armageddon JL Bourne
will look out for it NR, im reading ARK by Stephen Baxter at the moment...its abit slow....not much space-sex either !Smile

Hold on !....just clicked on a link ....this is a puffin book! think there for kids aren't they !? cos I was in the school book club in 1975-78 ...and I may have read it !...Confused Big Grin
(17 June 2013, 15:41)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, Can I ask you to get a copy of John Christophers book EMPTY WORLD and read it, especially if you are a family.

Is this by the same John Christopher who wrote "Death of Grass" ? I only recently read Death of Grass and it was a very good read, lots of topics and discussion points that are still very valid today even though it was written 60 odd years ago
Yup same dude.