Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Improving ORDINARY radio reception ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To improve my ordary AM/FM radio reception on my household recievers can I just extend the height of the telescopic antenna with some wire and a crocodile clip ???
I used to comedy mine to a water pipe or the tv aeriel.

I meant comedy, stupid phone keypad......

Damn damn damn Dan I mean connect..... Arrrrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!!

its this phone keypad, it only works with fingers not a little stylus, I've got big sausage fingers though.....
Not like the little china man that made it.
what about dab , i retune mine loads of new stations 2days later gone or very poor reception
(19 June 2013, 11:36)Sunna Wrote: [ -> ]what about dab , i retune mine loads of new stations 2days later gone or very poor reception

Good point but I tend to also listen to international broadcasts to ensure I'm not getting the PC properganda from the govt, and most international stations dont broadcast in digital.
(19 June 2013, 11:36)Sunna Wrote: [ -> ]what about dab , i retune mine loads of new stations 2days later gone or very poor reception

Band and propagation conditions change - one day a friend in Canada sounds like he's in the same room with me, 24 hours later I can barely hear him. With a commercial radio, do whatever works... aluminum foil works well on our weather radio.
Radios are funny things.Almost anything can be used as an antenna. Try a piece of wire from a baloon. Works good but for your house an antenna on the roof would probably be the best you can do.
This post has taken me back to my first crystal set, I connected mine to the TV areal, happy diode days.
(19 June 2013, 11:28)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]To improve my ordary AM/FM radio reception on my household recievers can I just extend the height of the telescopic antenna with some wire and a crocodile clip ???

Yes.