Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What makes for a good RV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I note the RV season is with us again (if it has a season) and many of our colonial cousins are heading to to camping events, shooting events, traditional living events, off road bug out parties, Rendezvous etc which got me thinking

"What is it that the UK community actually WANT from an RV?"

So I thought it may help people who are trying to organise RVs like SD, BP, RW etc if we simply asked the community

"What do you want at an RV that will make you want to go?"

I'll start with a few considerations but they are not neccessarily my own.

Accomodation
Activities
Classes
Convenience
Trade Stands
BBQ
BAR
Easy to get to
Held over only a few hours
Held over Sat /Sun
Held over long weekend
Indoor event
Outdoor event
indoor and outdoor type event
Stuff for kids
Stuff for families
Militarised
100% civilianised (new word Smile )

My own idea of a good RV I know will be different to the majority so I'm happy to start this thread but I'll just leave it run to see what comes of it.
I tend to put up events i'm interested in/am going to, that's others MIGHT find interesting, if they want to tag along then fine, like The Game Fair, The Green Scythe Fair, The Wood Fair & of course The Wilderness Gathering.all of these are in the southern half of the country in Somerset and Wiltshire.
In this part of the world, we only hope for small things during any RV/show we hold,... we only hope for weather that midges hate,..ie, dry and with a bit of a breeze

The type of events I like are outdoor events with a wide selection of interests, I always pass up on indoor events, we also usually need a long weekend, because we both work on Saturday mornings, so that day is usually out as we normally have to travel a fair bit
Think there all good on that list NR...maybe those plastic rock climbing things with the spring balancers on !! you know the fibreglass mountain things the army display etc.....how about a "Prepperfest "Idea !? cash only ..no plastic money....and everyone must wear a mask/face cover !!Big Grin deffo some rock bands...and loadsa beer/cider etc.....maybe not a good idea with all the knives at the end of the niteBig Grin....im just " fantasising"BTW Wink

HL....you work on a Sat morning....aha...so you must be the mystery moderator-post-Terminator then ? unless your Skiving mate !Big Grin
I tend to go to shooting meets, bushcraft events and land rover meets which tend to be a day or a weekend with many of the things listed.

For me a practical event would be good, discussion forums, trade stands maybe, demonstrations of kit and techniques with possible training in certain areas.

Biggest issue I could see would be with big brother watching the evnt, taking note of attendees etc would mean that most serious preppers would not go or support it and we would only really get pretend preppers.
if we were actually bothered if TPTB were watching every event we'd never leave the house!!Big GrinBig Grin
Agreed but if it is advertised as a prepper event they would be out in force.

From experience I know they are at the events I go to but nowhere near as much as I feel there would be for a prepper event with the stigma that they would attach to it - narrow minded really because if the SHTF they will rely on those who have prepped after the event.
Too Bloody True Arnie....BB is watching YOU and following your "paper trail " too........interesting ...RamboKlownUzi9mm (fictitious forum name) just bought 6 tins of Bisley Magnum air rifle pellets ......he is going on our watchlist now ....Angel

NR ....Newbie.....like it ...LMFAO....im gonna adopt your stealth tactics too....Smile
I just bought 2000 Condoms, 10 large tubes of KY and a couple of lipsticks. I bet my name goes on the list.
(22 June 2013, 19:18)River Song Wrote: [ -> ]I just bought 2000 Condoms, 10 large tubes of KY and a couple of lipsticks. I bet my name goes on the list.
no it wont as long as you send me your mobile number,some candid snaps of your goodself and tell me if you prefer red or white wine ? Wink
Pages: 1 2