Survival UK Forums

Full Version: 4 thieves oil (from PaulandNel)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Although PaulandNel still aren't able to post (for whatever reason), they are still regular users of SUK and I'm still in touch with them on and off. Nel asked me to post this wee recipe for 4 Thieves Oil:

Bubonic Plague...
During the 15th century, there were 4 thieves who robbed the dying and dead bodies and although their victims had the plague, they never caught it. They were eventually apprehended and were given a pardon because they shared their secret with the powers that be. Apparently, they had a special concoction of 5 herbs that protected them.

It was:
40 drops organic Clove Bud essential oil
35 drops organic Lemon essential oil
20 drops organic Cinnamon Bark essential oil
15 drops organic Eucalyptus essential oil
10 drops organic Rosemary essential oil
All these essential oils were mixed together and stored in a dark glass bottle.

For further information on their secret and, what it's good for and how to use it, visit: http://mountainroseblog.com/thieves-oil/

By the way, they pass on their best wishes...
I hope that PaulandNel can find a way of over coming the problems they are having,... SD can you help at all?
(25 June 2013, 22:59)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]I hope that PaulandNel can find a way of over coming the problems they are having,... SD can you help at all?

I know he's tried repeatedly...
Interesting...

So what are we looking at here - some kind of post medieveal antibiotic cureall? Gonna get the missus onto this one !
just consulted the OH...the herbal queen in our house, these are the 6 essential oils she wouldn't be without: Lavender,Thyme,Tea Tree,/eucalyptus,Clove(toothache) and Cedar. learn to make "Tinctures" for which you will need alcohol. these will not be available post shtf, get a stock in...you don't need huge quantities but if you get the chance post shtf, while everyone else is looting the supermarkets you head for the health food shop!
(26 June 2013, 13:54)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]while everyone else is looting the supermarkets you head for the health food shop!

Take your Holland & Holland to Holland & Barrett Big Grin
(26 June 2013, 15:44)Steve Wrote: [ -> ]
(26 June 2013, 13:54)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]while everyone else is looting the supermarkets you head for the health food shop!

Take your Holland & Holland to Holland & Barrett Big Grin

probably! but I cant think many other people would have the same idea.
GG posted the formula, but here are the caveats:

* Essential oils are highly concentrated, strong, and powerful liquids that can be harmful if not used carefully and properly. This is an especially potent blend of essential oils which could cause irritation when applied to the skin, even in diluted amounts. We advocate caution when using them, and do not recommend using essential oils internally. Please keep essential oils out of reach of children. We do not advocate usage of this recipe on babies, toddlers, or children.
(26 June 2013, 16:50)Jonas Wrote: [ -> ]GG posted the formula, but here are the caveats:

I posted it at the request of PaulandNel but I added the link to mountainroseblog because it contains exactly those warnings...
I have often wondered if the essential oil mix was an insect repellent remembering that the plague was usually transmitted by fleas from rats.But once a victim had died the fleas would want a new source of blood.
However having made that suggestion I note that all the five oils have anti septic characters,four are anti bacterial,two are anti-viral and one is anti-fungal in nature.
And on further research I find that essential oils listed as flea repellent are the following,lemongrass;citronella;pennyroyal;
rue; tansy;and lavender, none of which appear in the original recipe.
Pages: 1 2