Survival UK Forums

Full Version: old railway sleepers.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
have just found somewhere where I could "acquire" hundreds( YES, I did say hundreds) of old railway sleepers -post collapse, about 2 miles up the road from me!! its an old industrial complex-hasn't been in use since 2004 Angel
jammy dodger
You need to "acquire" a tractor with loader and trailer too, those things are damned heavy.
(28 June 2013, 15:39)Steve Wrote: [ -> ]You need to "acquire" a tractor with loader and trailer too, those things are damned heavy.

yes I know!Big Grin

actually, if I have to B.O. that would be a good location, plenty of rabbits and deer in the woods there and I could use the sleepers "in situ" as it were!!
You couldn't post a few up this way, could you BP? Big Grin
done some labouring three years ago carrying sleepers about 100 yards then putting them down ,then going get some more .lost count after two days.You will need some sort of cart or some thing mate because f@#k me they get heavy
(28 June 2013, 17:52)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ]done some labouring three years ago carrying sleepers about 100 yards then putting them down ,then going get some more .lost count after two days.You will need some sort of cart or some thing mate because f@#k me they get heavy

yeah I know mate, OH had to make a silage pit out of sleepers in her farming days so I've got an idea of how heavy they are. just thought they were a handy acquisition post collapse, going down on my map!
bloody handy things them sleepers, they make silly money down here pal
(28 June 2013, 18:18)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ]bloody handy things them sleepers, they make silly money down here pal

they go for 20 quid a time down here!
(28 June 2013, 18:20)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(28 June 2013, 18:18)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ]bloody handy things them sleepers, they make silly money down here pal

they go for 20 quid a time down here!

yeah about the same here, still I am very tightBig Grin
Pages: 1 2 3