Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Mincemeat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
that's Mincemeat NOT Minced Meat! bottles of mincemeat in Tesco's TODAY at 20p per bottle....yes I did say 20P a bottle!Big Grin great for flavouring stews and stewed fruit..keeps for ever!Tongue
Never really thought about mincemeat. When you say keeps forever what do you mean. I've heard that said about several items.
I ate a mincemeat jar thing I made when I was in pre-school. Was about 20ish years old when I stuck it in the pastry. Tasted delicious.
(2 July 2013, 15:26)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]Never really thought about mincemeat. When you say keeps forever what do you mean. I've heard that said about several items.

keeps until you eat it! certainly had some that was over 5 years old with no ill effects, same goes for Christmas pudding...that even gets better with age.
Fair enough. Don't know how I missed that one.
Will see if our local Tesco has some tomorrow cheers BP
I imagine it's pretty nutritious as well. Fruit, sugar, carbs (from the suet) - what's not to like?
Its a very good suggestion, O/H is going to look in Oban on Thursday, [ 2 hours away ]...that is our nearest Tescos they may be out by then, but I am sure she will find some somewhere
Mmmm Mincemeat. Christmas Pudding. Not sure whether our US cousins would understand. It's like trying to explain marmite.
I have a distance to go to a big tesco so I went to a few other places including Corner Tesco, Asda and Morrisons. None of them have Mincemeat in at the moment. Strange.
Pages: 1 2