Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Ref the debate about packs of feral dogs after TSHTF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This happened now before TSHTF and shows us what happens when dogs form packs and lose their fear of humans, Can you imagine the net effect of a socialal collapse and all the wellards staffys and pit bulls are left to roam only to join up with the hoooray henries abandoned pets.

I think for many a year after TSHTF we will not be able to venture afar without PDWs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...Texas.html
post SHTF we wouldn't be going anywhere without our own PDW! wonder what dog meat tastes like??Big Grin
Just like chicken but apparently if the dog is scared, this puts adrenaline through it's body, it tastes much better. Tht is why Koreans hang them and beat them before they kill them.
(24 July 2013, 13:10)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]post SHTF we wouldn't be going anywhere without our own PDW! wonder what dog meat tastes like??Big Grin

ruff

ill get me coat Tongue
I was always told that if an animal was stressed before it was killed this affects the meat and the taste and not for the better.

this is why the UK uses the stunning method in abattoirs.
thats halal for you ,slit throat bleed to death not stunned 1st most of the 3rd world uses this method Sad
(24 July 2013, 12:59)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]I think for many a year after TSHTF we will not be able to venture afar without PDWs

I think you're right NR. They will be a very real danger, maybe almost as great as the threat from gangs. I wonder for how long though? I'm sure they'll be viewed as a protein source by starving people...
back to wild dogs ,if all the farm animals live they will have plenty of food plus any dead bodys to munch on i could see this as a big problem.
in the end if the dogs eat the live stock less food for us so from day one kill all dogs you see.
(24 July 2013, 13:42)Sunna Wrote: [ -> ]back to wild dogs ,if all the farm animals live they will have plenty of food plus any dead bodys to munch on i could see this as a big problem.
in the end if the dogs eat the live stock less food for us so from day one kill all dogs you see.

any wild dogs= free meat, shoot on sight, even if you don't eat it yourself.

(24 July 2013, 13:40)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote: [ -> ]They will be a very real danger, maybe almost as great as the threat from gangs. I wonder for how long though? I'm sure they'll be viewed as a protein source by starving people...

i'm sure we'll all end up eating anything if we're hungry enough! i don't shy away from eating roadkill NOW so i'm sure a few butchered dogs wont be a problem...heck, meat is meat!! and i am definitely a carnivore!Tongue
If you can't stomach eating dog simply feed them to pigs. Even chickens like a bit of raw meat.
Pages: 1 2 3 4