Survival UK Forums

Full Version: A Rant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you go through the introductions at the top of the forum especially from the earlier days of the forums life you saw post after post from people saying things like " Thank god a British forum" and " Great a forum free of American influence" and " At last a forum focused on Britain and British preppers" and " its so nice to have a forum that is set up for the Brits that is not full of gun obssessed Americans"

And yet in recent times more and more Americans are moving in and they ARE Americanising the forum and I dont like it.

SD you are a friend and a mentor but on this point I disagree with your approach.
Rant over.
NR
I agree, there are so many differences between Brits and Americans in their approach to prepping, I started on American sites but it was SO different that I was very happy when I found a British forum, this one being the last of many but in my mind the best. I would be very unhappy if the emphasis were to change.
i agree to an extent,

i know i'm a newb here, but its the only forum of this type i'm on, and i'm only on it because of the UK focus.

most posts that start with a link to an american site i don't even read,
(25 July 2013, 14:37)Binnie Wrote: [ -> ]most posts that start with a link to an american site i don't even read,

waste of time me putting up links to useful articles then!
(25 July 2013, 14:37)Binnie Wrote: [ -> ]i agree to an extent,

i know i'm a newb here, but its the only forum of this type i'm on, and i'm only on it because of the UK focus.

most posts that start with a link to an american site i don't even read,

Isn't that the point though? I read this forum and take what I personally need from it. A fair few posts don't interest me regardless of nationality, but I wouldn't want less content here.
For me personally I find the diversity useful and refreshing at times.

For me a lot of the posts and links are very useful and have found some of the US ones extremely useful. There are some which I find less relevant but are still interesting for a different view of things.
This isn't helpful.

Most of the base information we have is from US sites. Even now one of those complaining posts links to US sites on a regular basis for prepping data. If it is useless that doesn't make sense.

We pick out what we need and not all US information is useless. Many US situations fit in with our own. If it isn't of use we just ignore it.

When people are posting US centric stuff then I'll butt in but at the moment few from the US get that involved.