Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Road signs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If / When TSHTF I'll be popping out under the cover of darkness to remove all of the signposts that point towards my little hamlet. Round here if you don't know where you're heading or have a destination in mind then all these little roads look the same. My thinking is if any wandering band of turds doesn't know there's anything down these seedy little roads then they're more likely to stay on the main roads (A/B roads) than they are to wander off and investigate.

Evidently it's not going to work for everyone (as most towns / villages etc can be seen on the roads approaching) and locals won't be fooled, but if it helps cut the numbers of people passing through then I'll be happy.

The signs are definitely going to be useful too.

Anyone got any similar plans?
maybe putting up false ones ie dead end , no through road , gipsy camping site ahead .
Also rather than removing some signs just flip then round and send them on thier way Smile
(31 July 2013, 16:08)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]If / When TSHTF I'll be popping out under the cover of darkness to remove all of the signposts that point towards my little hamlet. Round here if you don't know where you're heading or have a destination in mind then all these little roads look the same. My thinking is if any wandering band of turds doesn't know there's anything down these seedy little roads then they're more likely to stay on the main roads (A/B roads) than they are to wander off and investigate.

Evidently it's not going to work for everyone (as most towns / villages etc can be seen on the roads approaching) and locals won't be fooled, but if it helps cut the numbers of people passing through then I'll be happy.

was something I was thinking about, certainly remove all the wooden ones for firewood! metal ones are a bit harder as they are bolted on and most of the posts are in concrete.
(31 July 2013, 16:30)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(31 July 2013, 16:08)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]If / When TSHTF I'll be popping out under the cover of darkness to remove all of the signposts that point towards my little hamlet. Round here if you don't know where you're heading or have a destination in mind then all these little roads look the same. My thinking is if any wandering band of turds doesn't know there's anything down these seedy little roads then they're more likely to stay on the main roads (A/B roads) than they are to wander off and investigate.

was something I was thinking about, certainly remove all the wooden ones for firewood! metal ones are a bit harder as they are bolted on and most of the posts are in concrete.

Nothing you can't take care of with a bit of brute force.

Or a spanner
(31 July 2013, 16:35)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]
(31 July 2013, 16:30)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]

Nothing you can't take care of with a bit of brute force.

Or a spanner

or a socket set, but it would take a bit longer than the wooden ones-those you can just pull out of the ground.
Remove the ones you want to, redirect others and put up false ones to Sewage Works or something not too exciting. Beware what you put though as pointing to a Gypsy camp may look good to a bunch of gypsys looking for a new home.
I like the idea of the sewage works sign,.. because you cant disguise the fact that the road clearly goes somewhere, the shear wear on the tarmac tells people that, but by implementing SD`s idea or similar you may well get the results you are looking for,... and I cant think of a better one that Sewage Works

So now as part of your preps, you need a new sign,........ cant think where you would get one though
(31 July 2013, 17:22)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]I like the idea of the sewage works sign,.. because you cant disguise the fact that the road clearly goes somewhere, the shear wear on the tarmac tells people that, but by implementing SD`s idea or similar you may well get the results you are looking for,... and I cant think of a better one that Sewage Works

So now as part of your preps, you need a new sign,........ cant think where you would get one though

you can get various signs in places like Mole Valley Farmers or Cornwall Farmers or similar places!

although strictly speaking they are not road signs you can get things like "flammable liquid" and "danger of death-Electrical sub station" and "hard hat area" stuff like that!
Or I'll just stop on my way home and "borrow" a sewage works sign

Simples
Pages: 1 2 3