Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Roach, From youtube to prime time BBC's The One Show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Not sure wether to cringe or not, he is a lovely guy whose intentions are definately in the good, but....... and its only my not very valuable opinion he is what I call more of a wilderness or bushcraft practitioner than a prepper. Why the SAS smock, why the Bandana for an interview?, Why does everything involve bugging out?, why not dress civvily and discuss skills, stockpiles, home safety, food preservation, power generation, staying healthy, water filtration etc. why does it always have to appear so "gung ho lets bugger off to the breacons?"

I would estimate and guessimate that 99% of preppers will be at work in overalls or suit and tie when TSHTF, why not focus on getting home safely, GHBs, transit routes, alternatives to public transport etc?

Each to their own of course but I do fear we wil become stereotyped in the same way the survivalist community all ended up being view like clones of Bert Gummer.
Probably the best thing about this is that it is being brought to the publics attention,.. he might not be what many of us here would call a prepper, but at least he is not all `bullets and bean`....I am not a fan of his, but he does at least cover some of the basics
Totally agree, more of a bushcrafter/camper type.

One good point is that at least the interview was descent and they didn't seem to ridicule him or preppers at all, which in a way was strange, I expected them to do that at some point to some degree.

I will say however as he has children and a family to protect, that this kind of exposure could be dangerous post shtf.
Lovely guy, genuinely seems to want to get prepping out there but it seems to have cost him his opsec and I wonder if the shtf, will the guy be safe.

But his plan seems to be bugging out to wales, maybe thats why?
IIRC because of the publicity he attracts to himself I heard a rumour that his 4x4 and trailer got torched !!, Bastards.
silly man, his OPSEC was bad anyway with all his Youtube videos, now its totally shot to pieces.
Bloke's a complete fuckwit. Never had any time for his videos, watched a few and thought they were, well, crap.

Running from Hertfordshire to Wales isn't a good idea. Quite a big bridge to cross, lots of stuff to take, and one of the worst roads you can get (M4). Doubt very much he'd make it half way. I've know a few preppers who think that as soon as TSHTF they're going to jump in their 4x4s and charge off to Wales. Not much of a Plan A tbh...
he strikes me as a big headed clever c**t
(11 August 2013, 19:04)Sunna Wrote: [ -> ]he strikes me as a big headed clever c**t
Aye, almost as bad as Royston Upton or whatever his name is. Ex-plod, seems shady as fuck IMO.
that dv clown is an ex cop to never liked or trusted him
Pages: 1 2