Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Dog 1 - Trespasser 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My faith in my dog's rather frightening behaviour was vindicated this week. We were out in the field together when a movement caught my eye by the field gate. It was someone climbing over it! It wasn't someone I knew either - I know everyone down this tiny lane. Dog saw the person as well and took off at high speed, barking his head off. I've never seen anyone climb a gate so fast! Intruder (I think it was a he) vanished up the lane and by the time I got to the gate my dog was frothing at the mouth in frustration and trying to chew through the wire.

Good boy!
Good boy,..... you will have to try and find out who he was,.. and keep your eyes open
Train him to be faster. Don't feed him for a few days and dress some dog food up in the clothes the intruder was wearing. That should do it. He will be ready next time.
My dogs are the first line of defense now and if the SHTF.
I store enough food for over 6 months for all of them.
The best way to stay away from a personal conflict is to have dogs that will protect you.
At least 2 of my dogs guard the outside of my house 24/7 and 365 days a year.
They are far better than any alarm system.
Anyone thats up to no good will hear them barking and go else where.
Im really starting to appreciate the dogged (!) attentions of the Collie. He's on perimeter patrol all day except when he's specifically out with us, and he really does take his "job" seriously. I have no previous experience with Collies - do they normally take on the job of watchdog and bodyguard by themselves??

He got a good treat for his efforts.
My front line defence...lol,... I could never be without at least one dog,.. but three Shepherds are better

[Image: _5170188_zps66b25e0b.jpg]
Personally I take wifey everywhere, NOBODY touches the shooter..now that's scary .....treats mary? they are bloody expensive but ....worth every penny!
personally its the other way with me SS, made some comment at the car boot on Sunday about a guy who wouldn't get out of the way, he turned round to have a go-took one look at me and thought better of it!!Big GrinBig Grin
I don't bloody blame him BP....when I met you my voice went up a couple of octaves before I managed to get the hello ! out lol......good job oh was there ....I did notice the one step backwoods when she said hello! nice to meet you....you are not so tough pal lol.
(12 August 2013, 22:29)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]My front line defence...lol,... I could never be without at least one dog,.. but three Shepherds are better

[Image: _5170188_zps66b25e0b.jpg]

Great looking dogs, Highlander.
Pages: 1 2