Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Forum Wide Fitness Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
McCavity, this is something we spoke about, and it's an ideal starting point...you'll get why later on this week.

As of today, the day you read this message, you have had a challenge slapped across your face.

The challenge is simple and as easy/difficult as you want to make it.

The challenge is to travel 1 mile, under your own steam. Whether it's walking to the shops, running with the dogs, cycling to town, swimming in a pool, rowing up a stream, or crawling on your hands and knees in a drunken stupor, it doesn't matter. The idea is to travel 1 mile as a result of your own effort.

See, simple. It's not meant to be a killer workout, unless you want it to be.

The reason for this, because it's a great starting point to building your fitness. As it gets easier, feel free to make it harder. But you don't need to. Just get that mile done

This challenge applies to me too. It's a forum wide challenge.

Step up and step forward.
Im going to be walking 8 miles today starting at 9am and i cant wait as you can imagine
(14 August 2013, 06:46)TheFalcon Wrote: [ -> ]Im going to be walking 8 miles today starting at 9am and i cant wait as you can imagine

That's awesome mate. Make sure you keep it up.
My current target it 100miles by bike by the end of the year

i did 64 miles on staurday morning.

I started out by biking 1.2miles to work just 9 or so weeks ago!

a little step in the right direction can make big changes in your life
Great idea! [Image: thumbsup.gif]

Try and do a mini workout every morning and take the mountain bike out when I can. My 10 mile Goyt Valley circuit has got some real hills so keeps the old body working! [Image: oldman.gif] [Image: roflmao.gif]
S13 noticed that my fitness needs to be worked on. I accept your challenge sir!
Will walk the mile and a half to my archery club tonight, rather than drive.
I took the slap and even though I do exercise, its a good reminder that I must do more as I far from where I’d like be. Rolleyes
Gotta get to the bank at lunch, 1.5 miles from the office, so I have no choice but to do 3. I will treat myself to a pint on the way back though Big Grin
I walk about a mile and a quarter TWICE a day with the dog every day 365 days a year, not fast I grant you-I've got a terrier that insists on sniffing every blade of grass, bush and treeBig Grin
sounds like a good time to go for a walk from my house to the town centre (if you can call it that) is 1 mile downhill and the return will be up hill

I'll do that this evening when the little one is in bed

still thinking about getting the bike out to see what work it needs doing on it to get it up and running got a feeling I'll be searching the net for instructions on servicing hydraulic disc brakes
Pages: 1 2