Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Chicken Murderer!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A month or so ago I had to kill a rooster. He had gotten very aggressive toward people and extremely abusive to the hens. It got to the point that he would charge me every time I opened or entered the chicken run.

I do not keep my livestock as pets and this rude, crude and socially unacceptable behavior was intolerable and cutting into egg production and the general health of my birds.

Finally, I was working in the garden, heard one of my new chicks scream and saw the rooster standing on the chick pecking at it fiercely.

My instinctive reaction took over. I had a shovel in my hands and I caught the rooster with what you folks would describe as a "perfect cricket swing". He twitched a couple of times and expired.

My neighbor, an urban conditioned vegetarian and professional nurse, found out about the incident.

She asked how I would like for someone to smack me in the head with a shovel? Indicating that she had considered the option.

I immediately asked her how a person who was supposedly dedicated to preserving and insuring the health of humans could place the value of a chicken life ahead of the value of a human life?

It is not OK for me to kill a chicken???

But it is acceptable for her to kill me for killing the chicken????

Comments? Toughts?
Today, I read in our little local paper, a letter from an organisation campaigning for fish. The idea, generally speaking, was to stop catching and eating them, because they feel stress and pain when being caught.

There's muppets all over the damn place Mort...
I've no problem with vegetarian that their choice but I don't think they have the right to try and force their views on me, same with any of the religions etc
...but if she had killed you with the shovel you wouldn't have a problem any more
I hope you ate the cockerel?Big Grin
Same as BP.......no time for idiots monty.
Dont worry what outsiders think.
The other fact is you dont want those genetics being passed down to the next generation of chickens.
Or other chickens picking up those habbits.
(15 August 2013, 17:26)Mortblanc Wrote: [ -> ]A month or so ago I had to kill a rooster. He had gotten very aggressive toward people and extremely abusive to the hens. It got to the point that he would charge me every time I opened or entered the chicken run.

I do not keep my livestock as pets and this rude, crude and socially unacceptable behavior was intolerable and cutting into egg production and the general health of my birds.

Finally, I was working in the garden, heard one of my new chicks scream and saw the rooster standing on the chick pecking at it fiercely.

My instinctive reaction took over. I had a shovel in my hands and I caught the rooster with what you folks would describe as a "perfect cricket swing". He twitched a couple of times and expired.

My neighbor, an urban conditioned vegetarian and professional nurse, found out about the incident.

She asked how I would like for someone to smack me in the head with a shovel? Indicating that she had considered the option.

I immediately asked her how a person who was supposedly dedicated to preserving and insuring the health of humans could place the value of a chicken life ahead of the value of a human life?

It is not OK for me to kill a chicken???

But it is acceptable for her to kill me for killing the chicken????

Comments? Toughts?

Get some big pigs.

Shovel neighbour in the head.

Feed to pigs. I hear they're quite partial to vegetarians
I love winding those people up. We have one as a neighbour to the back. Always whining about something. He doesn't speak to me now because of wind ups in the past. Sad really. Smile
I always find it funny when veggies say its there choice not to eat meat and then preach to meat eaters that they are wrong to eat meat! isn't it a meat eaters choice to eat meat in the same way its a veggies choice not to eat it ?

saying that I know a few veggies who don't peach about it too
Pages: 1 2