Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Dog treatment and care
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now im sure that a lot of people have dogs that are both pets and part of your preps as an early warning system and possibly protection like i do.
I store food for them and now one of my dogs is ill i got thinking how and what i could give them as treatment postX?
Like i said one of the dogs is ill to the point he is having an over night stay at the vets and hopefully home soon.
He is on a drip and antibiotics.
Iv done research on how to treat them for worms using preps.
The main ones being cucumbers and there seeds, Garlic in small doses, Paprika for internal worms. (All of which i have in the store cupboard)
But what else can i get for the dogs health?
Mostly looking at treatments like antibiotics internal and external use and any other things you can think of????
I have five dogs including three German Shepherds, and one of the best things in my dogs first aid box is Manuka Honey, it will pick a dog [ or human ] up quicker than most thing, I also believe in the value of Apple cider vinegar for skin complaints, from a rash to fleas

Hop your dogs home with you soon
a bit of apple cider vinager in their water conditions their gut.same goes for chucks.make shore you use a plastic bowl.a clove of garlic crushed in olive oil is good for ear mites/infections.
Wow, never even considered this! Our Lab is on anti-inflammatories for a swollen knee joint at the moment.

Thanks for posting.
(16 August 2013, 22:57)BFG Central Wrote: [ -> ]Now im sure that a lot of people have dogs that are both pets and part of your preps as an early warning system and possibly protection like i do.
I store food for them and now one of my dogs is ill i got thinking how and what i could give them as treatment postX?
Like i said one of the dogs is ill to the point he is having an over night stay at the vets and hopefully home soon.
He is on a drip and antibiotics.
Iv done research on how to treat them for worms using preps.
The main ones being cucumbers and there seeds, Garlic in small doses, Paprika for internal worms. (All of which i have in the store cupboard)
But what else can i get for the dogs health?
Mostly looking at treatments like antibiotics internal and external use and any other things you can think of????

I have been being to ask you,.. what do you use the cucumber for?, the only thing that I could see it being used for was a dogs bad breath,.. I feed a raw diet so dont get bothered by bad breath
The cucumbers and there dried seeds help to treat internal worms.
You can also use pumpkin and courgettes seeds the same way.
This works hand in hand with the paprika and garlic.
I found the information on http://www.earthclinic.com/
Its offers people first hand treatments and remedies.
I was looking for ways to treat common problems and yes there are some hippies on the site with some far fetched ideas.
But there are a lot of old fashioned family remedies that have been forgotten about. Or have been taken up by modern medicine and we dont know whats in the tablets any more.
Dont get me wrong im all for modern medicine.
But some times the older treatments work just as well and with little or no side effects.