Survival UK Forums

Full Version: solar panels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
been doing a bit travelling last week up the rail network and noticed a load of solar panels every 500 yds or so mostly in scotland , surely if tshf no one would mind if i loan these will they ?Big Grin
Are these panels actually on the train lines to power signals.
Iv not seen them on the midlands lines?
was going to fast to notice what they were actually there for just noticed every 500 yards or so
Worth making a note of is that, along with the motorway sign ones and those on some A roads. Could be very handy! Thanks! Smile
majority i seen were between glasgow to ayr line
They are all over the place powering lights linked to radar detectors. So they don't take any power from the mains. I've also seen some on Traffic Lights. Especially those that only operate at certain times of day.

Although they will be OK for powering small items. The biggest panels are on the roof of houses tied into the grid. There are quite a few around and they would be worth acquiring. As they are tied to the frid they will be dead so most people won't know how to deal with them.