Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Look what i found growing in a local park
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Now there must be well over 100 of these growing at the back of a raised boarders either side of the path.
[Image: cache_0000014092c1c2121a4_zps3740da1e.jpg]
Now these are the ones im growing in the garden and a dinner plate on the ground for some sort of scale.
[Image: 1375351719177_zps90592677.jpg]
Ok mine are a lot bigger because they are a different strain and since that picture was taken mine are in flower as well.

Now the question is do you know what these very useful plants are?

Sorry the first picture didnt upload so i will try again
[Image: cache_0000014092c1c2121a4_zps3740da1e.jpg]
milkweed?
burdock?
Nope.
Sorry i should have said its the plants with the big leaves.
http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s626...40da1e.jpg[Image: cache_0000014092c1c2121a4_zps3740da1e.jpg]
Hopefully this picture loads

This will be one of the best trading items after food and water.
No clue but hopefully you'll tell us & put us out of our misery Smile
Skunk Cabbage

Sorry,... I think you can eat the leaves if treated properly, but I forget how, and if I remember rightly it has to be right or its poisonous..........
No its nothing illegal. Big Grin
They are tobacco plants.
Some of my plants are 6ft high now and still growing.
The leaves are two and a half to three foot long and over a 15 inches wide.
8-12 plants are more than enough for a whole year.
(18 August 2013, 22:12)BFG Central Wrote: [ -> ]No its nothing illegal. Big Grin
They are tobacco plants.
Some of my plants are 6ft high now and still growing.
The leaves are two and a half to three foot long and over a 15 inches wide.
8-12 plants are more than enough for a whole year.

How are they usefull?

What I meant by that is...is there any other use other than tobacco...Smile

Good for bartering
Tobacco would be a massive trading item if the SHTF.
Apart from smoking it has loads of different uses.
It also acts as a natural insect defense.
It can help with breathing problems to open air ways.
It can be taken orally to induce vomiting.

I cant believe its been planted in the boarders of my local park and no one realizes its there???

I started mine off a month late this year.
Then transplanted them into the garden at about 3-4 inches high in June this year.
Even if you just grow it for your self imagine the money you will say per year on fags.
You can harvest the lower leaves as they start to turn yellow and harvest the rest in the late autumn before we get any frost.
This year 12 plants should be enough for two years smoking and now chemicals or sprays were used, So its organic as well.
Nicotine can also be used as a lethal weapon if its distilled down into a concentrate. Very easy to make nicotine concentrate.

I have a list of uses for tobacco somewhere???
When i find it i will post them up.
(18 August 2013, 22:33)BFG Central Wrote: [ -> ]Tobacco would be a massive trading item if the SHTF.
Apart from smoking it has loads of different uses.
It also acts as a natural insect defense.
It can help with breathing problems to open air ways.
It can be taken orally to induce vomiting.

I cant believe its been planted in the boarders of my local park and no one realizes its there???

I started mine off a month late this year.
Then transplanted them into the garden at about 3-4 inches high in June this year.
Even if you just grow it for your self imagine the money you will say per year on fags.
You can harvest the lower leaves as they start to turn yellow and harvest the rest in the late autumn before we get any frost.
This year 12 plants should be enough for two years smoking and now chemicals or sprays were used, So its organic as well.
Nicotine can also be used as a lethal weapon if its distilled down into a concentrate. Very easy to make nicotine concentrate.

I have a list of uses for tobacco somewhere???
When i find it i will post them up.

trading would be good ,could make some good trades with this.people would give a lot for the small pleasures in life WTSHTF
Where did you get your seeds from?
Pages: 1 2