Survival UK Forums

Full Version: You know your in Devon when:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Your brother has a pet ferret, People you've never met before call you "my lover" or "maid", You know a FERGIE is a little grey tractor not the EX Man U manager or the Duchess of York, you have to wait for farm animals to cross the road, you get stuck behind a tractor on the way to work, four or five times a week, you describe anywhere past Bristol as "up north", you see grass growing in the middle of the road, you cant wind down your car window without the smell of freshly spread manure wafting in, you wouldn't dream of going for a walk without heavy duty willies, you consider Exeter a big city you end up house bound for at least 5 days every time it snows, you know a Charollias is a sheep, but a charolais is a cow, no matter where you are you are no more than 2 minutes from the nearest field, you can walk into a pub and know at least 75 per cent of the people in there, you know what a market town is, you can tell a goat from a sheep, "2 feet and messy"makes sense to you, you know where HOCKINGS ice cream is made, you go on holiday and everyone is going the other way, you been forced to ride a horse at least once in your life.

(24 August 2013, 10:17)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]Your brother has a pet ferret, People you've never met before call you "my lover" or "maid", You know a FERGIE is a little grey tractor not the EX Man U manager or the Duchess of York, you have to wait for farm animals to cross the road, you get stuck behind a tractor on the way to work, four or five times a week, you describe anywhere past Bristol as "up north", you see grass growing in the middle of the road, you cant wind down your car window without the smell of freshly spread manure wafting in, you wouldn't dream of going for a walk without heavy duty willies, you consider Exeter a big city you end up house bound for at least 5 days every time it snows, you know a Charollias is a sheep, but a charolais is a cow, no matter where you are you are no more than 2 minutes from the nearest field, you can walk into a pub and know at least 75 per cent of the people in there, you know what a market town is, you can tell a goat from a sheep, "2 feet and messy"makes sense to you, you know where HOCKINGS ice cream is made, you go on holiday and everyone is going the other way, you been forced to ride a horse at least once in your life.

#spelling mistake: heavy duty WELLIES not williesBig Grin
You know when you're in East Anglia when the fellas
look lovingly at the sheep rather than me.
(24 August 2013, 10:27)River Song Wrote: [ -> ]You know when you're in East Anglia when the fellas
look lovingly at the sheep rather than me.

I thought that was WALES!Tongue
Maybe its my Blond/Red Hair .....
(24 August 2013, 10:33)River Song Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe its my Blond/Red Hair .....

must be, I've never seen a sheep with red hair....red paint yes but hair no! there is a sheep on Dartmoor I swear looks like my mate "Sooty".
(24 August 2013, 10:33)River Song Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe its my Blond/Red Hair .....
Those East Angles can't handle a fiery Ginga Woman.
when everybody eats loads of rolls and buns

INTER BREAD Tongue

when ya sister is also ya mammy
You know your in Liverpool when you walk to the local park and all you can smell is weed. A bang in the middle of the night is normally a gunshot. When you cross the road when you see a group of more than 3 teenagers. When the most common brand is The North Face. When the women all wear curlers in the hair. When you see two little kids fighting in a back alley.
Sounds like I'd fit right in in Devon (and you'd fit right in in Texas) BP. Just change "Bristol" to the "Red River" and "HOCKINGS" to "Blue Bell"!

River Song, you c'mon down to Texas now, y'hear! Us Texas fellows will treat you right - and we don't allow sheep in Texas anyway!
(24 August 2013, 18:06)Jonas Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like I'd fit right in in Devon (and you'd fit right in in Texas) BP. Just change "Bristol" to the "Red River" and "HOCKINGS" to "Blue Bell"!

sounds good JP, given my ancestry i'm not surprised!Big Grin
Pages: 1 2