Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Dignity in a long term survival situation.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
from Selco's excellent site(i'm on the mailing list), very informative-this guy has lived through TSHTF and come out the other side, he talks about the psychological angle of a long term survival situation, in his case it was a war but some interesting reading here: http://shtfschool.com/survival-psycholog...nd-animal/
Iv been following his stuff for about 6 months now and as you read his vivid description of his life you cant almost see yourself there.
Whats closer to that way of life than someone who has actually lived it.

The one thing that worries me
(This my own personal view and not meant to offend anyone in any way)
A lot of the people that have lived through these wars now live in the UK and they no first hand how to step up to make sure they come out on top.

One of my old work mates was from a war torn part of Africa and from time to time he would let the odd thing slip regarding what went on and how they survived.

Iv worked with Eastern European blokes who take openly about what they have done. (Not just to survive BUT to actually thrive by taking anything and everything brutally most of the time from anyone with any type of weakness including using children and the elderly family members as leverage). Thats how they made the money to get out of there own country and make it across Europe paying thousands to get here.

It wouldnt take those people long to revert back to those ways when the SHTF.
well that's "multi cultural" Britain for you! better make a note of these sorts and where they live and make sure you don't come across them post SHTF, bug out if possible.
interesting reading and it just reinforces my thinking if something big did happen
My Dad was born in Poland and grew up as a young teenager there (the part that is now in Ukraine) during the Soviet invasion, just before WW2. Some of the stories he told of what went on would make your hair curl.
I think thats the point we were trying to make to River Song.
Theres simply no place for human kindness after an event, even Selcos blog on its own goes to show that.

after an event human kindness equals death or starvation in pretty short order...
don't start me off again
Just read the poster's link re shtfschool.

Man, that is scary.