Survival UK Forums

Full Version: I used to be a nice person
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
To be honest, I don't know exactly what has turned me from a nice person into an angry one. I care deeply about what happens to my family, my friends and I will go the extra mile to help the vulnerable, but... I am so frigging angry at the moment I could clobber someone.

I think it is the instability of the world at the moment. Everything seems to be going up in flames, and I can almost feel the globe rocking under my feet. I have this horrible feeling that there is a tinderbox waiting out there in the Middle East - Syria, Egypt, who knows - and some prat is going to drop a lighted match onto it. Probably tw*t of the year, Obama and his little friends. With the involvement of the West in the Arab Spring (or rather, Winter), I suspect that this will be just the right excuse for the next wave of terrorism directed at the West, because of course it will all be our fault (again). I think the tipping point was reached with the murder of Lee Rigby, and things will never be the same again. That particular incident opened a whole can of very angry worms.

Trouble is, I'm now not sure what to do. I'm carrying on with my gardening and general gathering of things under my wings, but do I go the next step and learn to shoot something? My OH is calmly surveying the situation, and I know he feels he's in charge, but it's not enough for me. If I don't get a grip on things I'm going to be in a state of constant high alert, and it's bloody tiring. I'm not frightened, but I'm seething. I am sick of my country being threatened by world events out of my control and contemptuous of our pathetic government (can't even bring myself to give it a capital G) to give firm leadership in what looks to be an increasingly dangerous situation.

Oh give me strength!
"but do I go the next step and learn to shoot something?"

Yes Sad

Know how you feel Sad
Most if not all of these things are beyond our control.
Yes it sickens me to know the UK is being dragged into this rubbish again and again.
The most we can do is prepare to look after our own families and friends.
Do what you can now to prepare for any possible instability and hope it never comes to that.
Get a SGC and you might enjoy your new hobby.
MaryN

I know precisely how you feel.

There are those who think Obama needs to take his finger out his arse and do something re Syria.
There are others who feel America can do no right, and frankly if America does nothing I can fully understand - they are fankly fed up.

So the situation is very unstable and we could be in the opening steps to WWIII because Russia won't sit still.

So in answer to your question --- yes - learn how to shoot. Suggest crossbow.
Yes, sympathise entirely. Secret is to not let it get on top of you. I don't listen to the news in depth any more, just the summary. It's easy to get all stressed out so build yourself a fortress wall within yourself and keep the sh*t out as much as possible.

Punching bag might give some temporary relief... Rolleyes
learning to shoot is just another skill to be learnt. have a bottle of wine chill out. the wife has just seen a parking meter attendant booking a vehicle with no ticket, time it was booked 21.30 hrs collecting taxes late tonight. makes me sick
Mary I felt similar frustration with Afghanistan, Iraq, Bosnia,Palestine, Falklands,Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Grenada, Ulster, Columbia etc etc its how the world is and we as individuals have no control over it, we can only control local events and affect our families.

25 years ago before mass media, 24 hour global news feeds, the interweb etc we never were aware of the wars and conflicts going on around the world. Nothing has change humanity will continue to destroy itself its just today we can watch it happening live on TV.

As for Syria so long as they stick to killing themselves thats all we can hope for, its happened before in recent times and will happen again IIRC the British army has only had one year since 1900 when it was not fighting some place (1968 IIRC)

I hope and pray the US/ UK stays well out of any more conflicts IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH US, take Syria as an example for the last 60 years it has sponsered anti western groups, supplied the enemies of israel, cooperated with Quaddafis Libya in funding terrorism. They are not our friends and not our problem and they are definately not worth the life of one British or Merkin soldier.
Mary, I'm sure glad it's not just me feeling this way. One of the signs and symptoms of a heart attack we were taught was a "feeling of impending doom". By this definition, 90% of us are having heart attacks right now!

Obozo and his administration are all as crooked as can be, but what goes around comes around, and I suspect that the US government will be considerably less intrusive, both domestically and internationally, under the next president. Alternately, we could have a collapsed economy and a full-blown civil war here. In either event, the US's "meddling days" in world affairs is just about over. I personally don't give a rat's fanny about who kills whom or for what in Syria, Egypt, Afghanistan, or South Bronx, New York. Just stay the hell out of Texas and leave us alone!

Rant over, for now...
(24 August 2013, 22:13)uks Wrote: [ -> ]have a bottle of wine chill out.

But not before going out shooting!Smile
Well, I'm glad it's not just me!
Pages: 1 2 3