Survival UK Forums

Full Version: UK Nuclear Power Station Fallout map
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here Is a list of all the live Nuclear Power Station’s in the UK and the fallout zone around them.

http://www.thinkprepper.com/uk-nuclear-p...n-fallout/

Particulates (what comes out of the chimney) are a known health hazard.
Particulates travel for miles according to the World Health Organisation (WHO). The distance travelled is determined by wind speed and direction as well as weather conditions. You would be affected if you live within 25 miles according to PAIN. This particulate fall out would be additional to any particulates already present in your area. Use the map below to see if you are in the fallout zone.

(Sadly google have cut off 2 of the stations, so please use this link to view them all.)

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF...urce=embed
Scotland's lookin' mighty attractive but then again, it always has done for me!
Scotland has gone non-nuclear a good few years back and the only only related work is the decommissioning of old facilities such as Dounreay
iv been to the one below bristol the security was major and the buildings looked like something out of a james bond movie.
all the gards wore black uniforms and hard hats real hardcore
(24 August 2013, 22:15)I-K-E Wrote: [ -> ]Scotland has gone non-nuclear a good few years back and the only only related work is the decommissioning of old facilities such as Dounreay

You may be wrong there Hunterston B is still going I think
(25 August 2013, 07:22)David075 Wrote: [ -> ]
(24 August 2013, 22:15)I-K-E Wrote: [ -> ]Scotland has gone non-nuclear a good few years back and the only only related work is the decommissioning of old facilities such as Dounreay

You may be wrong there Hunterston B is still going I think

forgot about that one and torness Big Grin

but there will be no new nuclear in the future and the two above are due to stop generating in 2023
Interesting premise that you only need to worry about fallout if you are within 25 miles of one of the nuclear power plants.

If you believe that, you'll believe anything. Again, false /misleading data at the heart of the article.

Research how far the fall out reached from Chernobyl see http://www.toxiccoast.com/ChernobylFalloutmap.jpg

This means that we are all in the heavy fallout zone of most UK and Western european plants. Our chances of avoidance are very much influenced by prevailing wind direction and strength on the days immediately following any disaster.
Another innacurate report over nuclear power, sheesh .
I think it would be different than Chernobyl

Chernobyl was due to some idiot pushing safety checks to the limit and and bad design than resulted in the back up generators not starting quick enough if I remember rightly. Since then reactor safety has improved massively and if the lights went out a lot of the reactor in the world would instantly go to back up power and instantly start pulling the fuel rods out of the reactor.

the big concern to me would be decades down the line when the fuel rods corrode and material is released coupled with the decay of the reactor core and buildings. If a reactor did go bang then prevailing winds would have a massive impact as note by LS the range of the fall out from Chernobly is very large globally and the fallout from the Windscale fire in the 50's is thought to have made it to Scandinavia
FYI particulates are normally created by chemical reactions not nuclear fusion or fission, particulates which are the most damaging in lethality and number are produced primarily by diesel engines who emmisions react with sun light to produce carcinogenic particulates which are then inhaled by pedestrians. These nasty buggers can be found in higher concentrations in local magnetic fields that surround power stations, sub stations and lines of pylons. In areas where pylons and lots of vehicles are in close proximity to communities there are claims that higher levels of cancer are found.

The cooling systems of nuclear power stations are ( normally) totally seperate from the reactors and fissile materials, eg the only thing normally coming from cooling towers is steam. radioactive particles normally found near power stations often come from leaking cooling ponds but those isotopes are normally found in the water or soil not in the air.
Pages: 1 2