Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Deleted Threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Once again, a thread carrying information about a currently relevant threat/risk has been deleted.

Yesterday I posted some information about the rising oil price, with suggestions that members might wish to top off tanks etc, before pump prices rise. There were several responses indicating that it was a useful heads-up, but now the thread has disappeared.

I do recognise that the forum owner has a difficult job to do to keep the forum on-topic and avoid posts that are likely to incite debate and discussion that could descend into personal attack. However there is clearly a difference of opinion over what is useful and/or prep-related. For that reason I am leaving the forum.

For what it's worth, the oil price is continuing to climb. Currently a shade under $116.
Tarrel, for what its worth mate..most of us "real Preppers" share your frustration. SD, we know doesn't really like any threads which contain war in foreign countrys...its his forum I know,BUT I too saw the news with the crude oil "knock on " effect which will hit the pumps in the near future..infact I was tempted to give a similar heads up ..but didn't as I knew it would be wiped .
I really think it pisses the poster of certain threads off , loads of members with an interest in the real world, and have a keen interest(to say the least) in"bushcraft". This conflict which im sure is coming will have people panic buying petrol/bread and milk ....wether it because of rising petrol prices.....or fear of the unknown/ uncertain out come !? that's what I prep for mate ...cheers for now anyway RW
Was this a warning to top off ones' tank or a tirade over the international situation?

This is a forum made up mostly of preppers. If we own vehicles the standard procedure is to never go below 1/2 tank, top off at any threat of price increase, and we should have fuel reserves in storage.

And the price of fuel is always about to go up!
I'm fed up explaining myself. So I just close them, like this, or just delete them. Much quicker.