Survival UK Forums

Full Version: VIRUS ALERT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Guys, I'm using my backup laptop thingy, I was doing a google search for preppers uk or prepping UK on the second or third page I clicked on a link and my machine was instantly hijacked by malware that locked me out and said Io had tried to access prohibited msaterial, usual crap pay a fine online to be set free etc, all typical malware.

Had to totally reboot fropm scratch my main laptop, its going to take hours of days to sort.

So be careful on what links you find if your searching for prepping in the UK
(1 September 2013, 19:33)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, I'm using my backup laptop thingy, I was doing a google search for preppers uk or prepping UK on the second or third page I clicked on a link and my machine was instantly hijacked by malware that locked me out and said Io had tried to access prohibited msaterial, usual crap pay a fine online to be set free etc, all typical malware.

Had to totally reboot fropm scratch my main laptop, its going to take hours of days to sort.

So be careful on what links you find if your searching for prepping in the UK
that's happened to me 3 times already, it pretends to be a Police notice...is that the one NR? I've had Avon and Somerset Police, Wiltshire Police and the last one was Dorset, its all Bollox and its all a virus...cost me £55 each time to get my laptop cleared...by someone who knows a lot more about it than me! that was when I was on Google Chrome and although I had a anti virus programme it didn't help, I've now gone back to internet explorer and I've got AVG fitted which so far-cross fingers- seems to be working......it helps if you stay off the "Adult" sites as well, that's what seems to trigger it!Big GrinAngel
Same one BP as you told me about.
Ive had that one myself... I run ccleaner, malwarebytes antimalware and it helps if you have a .dat file cleaner as well.

I dont run any anti virus just zone alarm firewall and the above.

that particular thing came up for me I just turned my laptop off the on and it was gone.

mine was interpol though!!

Though you'd think they'd spend the time for a proper scam to make sure the spellings were right!!
I have a Mac
We have had a few of those, but thankfully my other half is a bit of a computer geek,.. [sorry dear lol] who can get rid of it without payment.
(1 September 2013, 20:51)River Song Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Mac

me too
not happened to me yet ,but thanks for the head up NR
it seems to come up in response to a certain word, don't know what it is, but it comes up-wallop- no warning just bang there it is, and its this one that makes out its Police E crime unit or something.
I browse on my works computer. Makes things much easier.

Not come across that though. I suggest you disable Javascript and Active X. In my view any site that forces their use should be best avoided.
Pages: 1 2