Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Another example of Iceberg housing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TBH I'm not sure any more if this type of thread is OK so sorry SD if its not.

I note yet again that whilst many of the middle and upper classes are buying rural retreats, small holdings and homesteaders, and others are moving in ever increasing numbers into GATED communities (estates surrounded by walls with security guards controlling access)

The trend among the rich in many cases is driving them to extend the size of their residences deep underground and inevitable contain large pools with over sized water filter systems, large freezers, sub ter secure garages, hidden exits etc.

Its a bit of social commentary on how people from different classes and background appear to be improving their personal security and improving their survival chances.

From John Q Citizen uprating his home to Bert Z Forman modiying a large garage to Tarquin Ponsonby Smallpiece spending millions building diamon encrusted underground bunkers more and more people are prepping.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-wife.html

Pool, Cold store, 7000 litre rainwater catchment system, seven car garage, sheesh what does this rich drug addict know??

And how is this as a straight contrast of whilst those who can upgrade and fortify their urban palaces in other cities across the world inc parts of Paris, Warsaw, Berlin, Liverpool, Newcastle, Boston, Chicago the rot and decay of deprivation see almost apocalyptic scenarios of life in 2013 become the norm?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ments.html

It shows me at least we need to pain prepping with a very broad brush.
If I had the cash i Would do likewise.
If I had the cash

I'd move house to somewhere a lot more remote rather than go underground in London
If i were better of than i am i would be looking to go rural and maybe build a bunker or fortify my home...who on this site wouldn't if they had the disposable?
when things go wrong and your gate house security gard buggers off home what you going to do then .
also anybody with half a brain would target you knowing you have money, antiques , gems not all roiters are thick b***k kids looking for a new phone or two .
(3 September 2013, 11:47)Sunna Wrote: [ -> ]when things go wrong and your gate house security gard buggers off home what you going to do then .
also anybody with half a brain would target you knowing you have money, antiques , gems not all roiters are thick b***k kids looking for a new phone or two .

Some of these uber rich types actually have ex SAS types and their families living in the grounds of these urban palaces, and plenty of em probably are members of the Chelsea and West Minster gun clubs.

Even the Houses of parliament has its own gun club, never underestimate the effect of massive wealth on peoples ability to buy what they need regardless of the law.
Its a great way for a special forces guy to have access to all the bells and whistles to protect his loved ones , guy with the cash may become expendable after the fact lol.