Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Lone wolf question: Always wanted to ask.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Just out of curiosity for those Lone Wolves out there.

Many preach about the amazing way the world would be when they went off into the woods and vanished from society.

I was reading about a man who lived without money. He lived in a cave in America, and was really a happy guy. He said it was lonely at times, but that he loved it.

Well, my question is this: If you are able to do so, and desire so much to do so, why have you not up-and-offed into the wild yet? If it's going to be so much better than it is at the moment, why have you not done it yet?
in a few months it will be minus 7 for weeks if not months at a time.

planning , even if you own your own land you can only live on it for a few days a year.

if it goes wrong where do i live , is the biggest one for me .
(3 September 2013, 15:50)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]Just out of curiosity for those Lone Wolves out there.

Many preach about the amazing way the world would be when they went off into the woods and vanished from society.

I was reading about a man who lived without money. He lived in a cave in America, and was really a happy guy. He said it was lonely at times, but that he loved it.

Well, my question is this: If you are able to do so, and desire so much to do so, why have you not up-and-offed into the wild yet? If it's going to be so much better than it is at the moment, why have you not done it yet?

there's a distinct lack of caves you can inhabit in the UK.

In fact even if you own the land you want to vanish to, you have taxes and shit to pay. The only way I can see you could do this in the UK at the moment is to become homeless. And that's not much of a life choice.
because the places I intend to go to I do not own, therefore this can only be done Post Collapse with a degree of "die-off" and the destabilisation of the status quo.
(3 September 2013, 16:44)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]because the places I intend to go to I do not own, therefore this can only be done Post Collapse with a degree of "die-off" and the destabilisation of the status quo.

Or you could just do it illegally and avoid being caught...not that I'm recommending anything of the illegal kind.
(3 September 2013, 17:39)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]
(3 September 2013, 16:44)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]because the places I intend to go to I do not own, therefore this can only be done Post Collapse with a degree of "die-off" and the destabilisation of the status quo.

Or you could just do it illegally and avoid being caught...not that I'm recommending anything of the illegal kind.

that would be squatting-which is now a criminal offence thanks to Mr David Cameron! Tongue
a way round it would to buy your land , plant it put your chickens , goats or pigs on it so you would to go their every day ,build a shed to store tools, feed put in a wood stove for a hot drink warmth ect.
so your their every day all day ,but you cant sleep their so buy a van to sleep in overnight at first the council would watch you, check on you but after a while they would find sombody else to hassle and you could sleep their but keeping your eyes open.

drawback , if it dont work where do i live , id have to give up my house to try this , could you sleep in a van for months / years
Or you could use the laws that speak about fencing and land ownership, and the alike. It's a bit of time to wait, but well worth doing if you're willing to wait.
12 years and you still DONT own the land, its called ADVERSE POSSESSION and most solicitors don't want to touch it with a barge pole.believe me , we've been there.
So to change the question around, why dont you lot banging on about how your gonna live in a community with other like minded individuals and groups after an event.
How come your not doing it now?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6