Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Sloe Gin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This evening while walkig the dog, we collected a couple of pounds of sloes from the hedgerows.

Sloe Gin making activities to start any day now. hee hee Smile
i`ve noticed theres a good crop of slows this year i`m thinking of incorporating some into my next batch of mead Smile
can anything else be done with them ?
Lots of sloes around here, but folklore says not to pick them until they have been touched by frost. I have some cheap vodka on standby for them.
(11 September 2013, 09:22)Steve Wrote: [ -> ]Lots of sloes around here, but folklore says not to pick them until they have been touched by frost. I have some cheap vodka on standby for them.

If hey are ripe, pick them now, before the birds/ foragers get them.

The old way of making sloe gin was to hand prick the sloes with a pin.... a couple of years a go a friend shoewd me a trich to get around this horribly messy chore.....simply deep freeze the sloes, this bursts their cells when they thaw out, this 100% pricking them :-)

Folklore once again has the answers before modern technology was even tought of eh?
Didn't people used to run their cars on Sloe Gin?
(11 September 2013, 10:24)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't people used to run their cars on Sloe Gin?

The stuff I make could stun an elephant, but I think it'd gum up the works of a car in pretty short order!

Definitely not one to try on your new Ferarri Scythe!
(11 September 2013, 10:48)Lightspeed Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely not one to try on your new Ferrari Scythe!

What about the old one? haha
(11 September 2013, 11:10)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11 September 2013, 10:48)Lightspeed Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely not one to try on your new Ferrari Scythe!

Thought you'd slipped a Defender TD3 powerplant and transmission into that one to use as a BOV??????
(11 September 2013, 11:29)Lightspeed Wrote: [ -> ]
(11 September 2013, 11:10)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]
Thought you'd slipped a Defender TD3 powerplant and transmission into that one to use as a BOV??????

Thanks LS! Total OPSEC F**K!!!! Now I've got to write it off and start again haha.
Pages: 1 2