Survival UK Forums

Full Version: emegency stove
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Had a quick look back through the forum posts and i can't find what i'm looking for so here go's , i was planning on cooking the remnants of my fridge freezer in the back garden post shtf(won't be doing that now...thanks to blackout lol) what i'm after is a means of cooking whilst bugging in , i already have a couple of cartridge type stoves but i don't want to go down that road as cartridges are going to be obsolete in no time, tried trangia in the past and didn't like it....my thoughts are a small petrol/multifuel stove as i keep my motorbikes full at all times thats nearly 50litres of unleaded in stock....anybody got any experience/suggestions/alternatives?
You should still cook things the day of the outage. Many people will be doing the same. Just don't do it too many days after.
Don't cook on a petrol or gas stove in a house without adequate ventilation. Although the air space in a house should give you a decent buffer. Make sure you have co2 alarms!

Frontier stove is what I have. Get a 45 degree elbow joint on the flue and poke it out the window and you're good to go. Handy pre-shtf too.
Nothing required apart from stuff to burn, and that's freely available.
just thinking, if you made a hobo stove (looks really cheap and is cheap to be fair) and did your cooking on that in the garden, and make sure everyone keeps their mouth shut about what you have.

if anyone did come snooping you could just offer to show them how to make a similar stove, that way their less likely to think its worth nicking? and less likely to end up like the guy on blackout.

just an idea, would love to hear opinions on this.
it's not the stove they will be interested in it's the food especially if they are starving
hobo stove in the back garden in plain view is what i had planned to do until i watched blackout,i figured that would be quite normal but i hadn't figured on it creating interaction and perhaps neighbours feeling the need to get over friendly and possibly catch an eyeful of something i wouldn't want them to see or glean some information i wouldn't want them to know...so i'm now bugging in from day one and possitively discouraging contact with anybody.
(12 September 2013, 21:05)I-K-E Wrote: [ -> ]it's not the stove they will be interested in it's the food especially if they are starving

very true, i was just thinking of a situation like blackout where the guy had food but didnt have a way to cook it.

the problem i see is how do you cook when you dont have gas/electric or log burner inside without gassing yourself?
try hobo stove under loft hatch smoke will rise into loft and hopefully seep out slowly, also do it at night .
I use one of these;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E4SD8B6pis

It will burn petrol or paraffin. It is light enough for backpacking and the tank holds enough to cook for a weekend of hiking on one fill. It will do a quick boil up or cook a full meal.

The Swedish Seva is an excellent choice too.
(13 September 2013, 00:37)Mortblanc Wrote: [ -> ]I use one of these;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E4SD8B6pis

It will burn petrol or paraffin. It is light enough for backpacking and the tank holds enough to cook for a weekend of hiking on one fill. It will do a quick boil up or cook a full meal.

The Swedish Seva is an excellent choice too.

looks good...like he says at the end not so sure about the feet.
Pages: 1 2