Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Something for emergency food supplies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Doing a shop at the local asa and found some flavoured noodles, curry and chicken for 10p each, normal price, not reduced, thought they would make a good stash of emergency supplies
Ive got a few full boxes of them. Theres 48 to a box and there quite tasty you know. and at 11p im mine there great value for bulking out preps.

A lot of the asda smart price stuff is nice tasting as well not crap like a lot of the other budget brands.
I've got a crap load of noodles/pasta/rice - only problem is storing the water to cook them with.

I know I can re-use the water, and have plans to, but I have a feeling water will be very precious in a SHTF situation. Still glad to have them stocked though.
IMHO cheap refined noodle packs should be avoided at all costs in favour of more nutritious alternatives. Ever looked at the ingredients of these cheapies? Wholewheat pasta made with canned soup/baked beans or concentrated sauce would not only fill you up but give you far more in the way of sustaining nutrients and rouphage. Don't fill yourself up with crap!
noodles92% wheat flour palm oil modified tapioca starch salt sugar garlic powder guar gum stabiliser

Seasoning sachet 8% salt dried chicken powder19% sugar yeast extract maltodextrin tumeric powder onion powder dried spring onion dried carrots ginger powder garlic powder seasoned oil

Oil palm oil spice extracts white pepper powder

depends if you like wholewheat pasta.

No point storing what you wont eat.

Ist rule of prepping is store what you eat.

Its pointless having loads of fancy goods if they taste like crap and you wont eat them.

Wholewheat pasta YUK!!!!!!!

I've tins of fruit, potatoes, dried potatoes sachets, beans, beans and sausage, hot dogs, dried NORMAL pasta, dried NORMAL spaghetti, tins of sardines, tuna, various veggies ie bean, pea, carrot, etc...herbs, spices.

water at the last count i've got 140liters in bottles bought from asda in 5 liter and 15 liter bottles plus a new 140 liter wheely bin outside filled with sterilized water and sealed shut ( this is checked and changed every 3 months)

Thats just a quick off the top of my head type of variety that I have,

I'm not doing a full list for obvious reasons...
Hey P1, your noodles look 100 times more nutritious than some of the ones I've seen, well done! Wholewheat stuff a preference, I know, but it is better for you buddy!

I guess my point is that sometimes the cheapest isn't always the best plus it's not often people actually know what they're eating. These days food manufacturers tend to put in any old crap to extend shelf life or maximise profit. Gee, I wonder why people are so sick sometimes?
Funnily enough, some of the smart price stuff at asda has less additives and stuff than the regular stuff, well thats what I found anyway.

As for the wholewheat stuff my flour that I've got "sacked" up is a mix of wholemeal and regular white flour.

I'm not adverse to wholemeal or healthy stuff, I have a daily wheatgrass juice which I love, I'm growing my own as its too expensive to get all the time and while I'm waiting for it to grow I'm using the wheatgrass powder, not as nice as the fresh juice which I'm looking forward to again but needs must...

Bit like exercise I avoid it if possible...

Mind you saying that I fast walk up to 5 to 10k a day going about my business and that's enough for me.

I'm not an exercise freak like Scythe.....

Little and often does it for me...