Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Exploration for BOLs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi all. I've not been on for a while due to work.
However, something new (to me anyway) has popped up and I thought it worth sharing.
Thousands of sites around the Uk which offer security and shelter in harsh times might be a welcome port in the storm.
28 days later.co.uk houses photography by its members of all manner of constructs that may be worth a look in your area. I'm going to check a couple out in Portsmouth this weekend and maybe closer to home in a few weeks.

Yes people know about them but will they consider such places when SHTF?
Setting up a few Caches near somewhere local may give you a little time to consider your options.

Food for thought.

Tez
a BOL should always be considered as plan B just in case your home becomes unliveable in due to flood, fire or mob rule, research and physically search your area, maps, google earth etc. and try and find your own rather than on some well known website, less chance of it being compromised that way!Big Grin
Loads of websites like this.

Underground Britain, I think has one. Subterranean UK as well. Urban Explorer is another.

Not sure how many are still going, but there is a huge following of people well into this. Many are photographers who have a love of urban debris style pics. So don't think all pics are 100% natural. Lots of lighting tricks and the alike, but it's all good.

Best thing to do, get out and have a go...as long as you're not trespassing, as that is illegal.
Thanks Tezauzz for the very useful OP.

My thinking is that if you cant afford to buy a new BOL, then one of these might be useful as long as it's not compromised - problem is its public.

I wouldn't finding a set thats rural rather than urban

Any ideas anyone
there isn't really any way except getting out there and finding it for yourself. its not going to come to you.
Well I spent a happy hour on the original site. Not sure whether these could be used as BOL.
Possibly for shelter for a night or two but nothing more permanent.
That's what I was thinking. Temporary shelter until you can come up with the rest of your plan B. I'm thinking that a derelict would hold less interest in people scavenging for food and supplies but a savvy prepper who has enough to sustain themselves for a few days could make the most of something like this for a night or two.

A few may offer longer term solutions but not all.

Tez
(20 September 2013, 11:04)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]Best thing to do, get out and have a go...as long as you're not trespassing, as that is illegal.

Look over the OS maps to plan where to go.

As for trespassing, it is a civil offense rather than a criminal offence, so long as you are not on the railways, MOD lad or a nuclear instillation or committing other offences at the same time.
I never stop looking....normally in out the way places, around here there are lots of antena stations with small buildings right on top of mountains plenty of vision to aproaching sheeple if they venture into the area but next to no cover either , the main reason for looking at these locations is WHY would anyone look for food there.
(20 September 2013, 08:51)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]a BOL should always be considered as plan B just in case your home becomes unliveable in due to flood, fire or mob rule, research and physically search your area, maps, google earth etc. and try and find your own rather than on some well known website, less chance of it being compromised that way!Big Grin

I would suggest not only a plan 'B' but plans 'C', 'D' & 'E' at least.
Plans are only what you may do, until you put it into practice.
Also plans can change.
eg. You go to work by the same route day in and day out.
Then the road is closed and you automatically put in plan 'B' or may be 'C'. You don't even really think about it.
Plans are not set in stone and can be changed. But it is better to have more than a couple. Same goes with BOL's because one may be occupied at the time or not available for what ever reason.

Just some THOUGHTS
Pages: 1 2 3