Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Point at which you don't want to return?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a point that you'd be in a SHTF scenario where you just figured your rather just not survive?

I have this reply to a question of what people would do if TSHTF. May say they would rather die.

Is that an option you have considered? If so, do you have any idea where that point would be?

With so many responses saying they'd rather die, it's shocking to think that a possible die out would be voluntary.

Please discuss. Ideas and perceptions are always helpful.

Personally I've considered stocking a few anti-depressants for this kind of thing. The last thing you want is a team member to commit suicide. Worse still, a loved one to do so.

What are your views?
NO WAY JOSE! i'll go down fighting to the end!Big Grin

I've heard a lot of people over the years say "I don't want to survive if I cant have my": coffee to go, Ipod, Computer, Dancing on ice, coronation street, deadenders...........(fill in your own blank), my reply is always the same, fine that is your prerogative, that's leaves more resourses, land, breathing space for the rest of us..... but in general I find the more they talk about the less they mean it, people who are really suicidal don't generally talk about it, they just get on and DO it.

and I speak from experience, I have had 3 friend commit suicide for various reasons, and they didn't tell anyone.
A Nuclear Winter.
Errmmm just so you know prescription anti depressants, anti psychotics etc

MAKE THE CONDITION WORSE BEFORE IT GETS INTO THE SYSTEM PROPERLY WHICH CAN BE TWO PLUS WEEKS.

The last thing you need during and event is a deranged person being made worse.

The only use for these meds after an event is overdose.
i think a lot of folk will crack up and will not be able to cope,seeing their kids die,go hungry , mass death,dead bodys ,eat bugs ,worms cold , always looking over your sholder, no propper sleep .

alot of folk will reach for the bottle or whatevers going.
its the ones that can adapt to the situation who will survive and come out the other side.
If I was. To loose my group I would loose my will game over!
Even if I'm the last man standing, which I aim to be, It'll be right!!

FOR THEN I SHALL BE KING OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!
Couldn't say....won't know til i get there and then i probably wouldn't realise i'm licked , always been a fault of mine never knowing when to quit.

just ask my ex wife lol
Have to agree with one of the points made above, i've never taken them but anti-depressants take (in most cases) two weeks to take effect.

I'm lucky i've never had to take them, the key thing I believe is talking to people and mindset. If they think there is a way through (no matter how hard) and they were willing to believe they could do it your problems are halved.

It means picking the right people though.

Ter
Pages: 1 2