Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Bug out by bike
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For those that are considering a bug out (or travel ) by pedal bike check out rubbee.co.uk I don't think its in mass production yet but looks like a good idea.
Looks interesting , think bikes may have a big future , didn't see how they controlled the unit(throttle/potientiometer/switch) i guess its going to be down to price...any idea?
turns it into an electric bike, cant see any prices on the website though. if your thinking of using a bicycle have a look at the tow behind trailers( check out Ebay..loads on there) could double your carrying capacity.
i think this would have issues with drive in the wet? thats 364days of the year up here lol

also it doesn't have regen braking, so the only option to charge it is to plug it in.

if it had regen braking i'd consider it!
Yeah i remember there being a 38cc petrol one that drove the rear wheel direct...that was rubbish in the wet too , i like the idea as stealthy transport and the charging issues don't seem insurmountable now i have an idea what can be done with solar power and inverters. there is a tension device that put a reasonable amount of down force on the tyre , perhaps tyre choice may make a difference in the wet , something with a big chunky tread patern perhaps.
Nice looking product. I've written and asked for prices.
My guess it will be several hundred pounds because the spare charger is
£80 alone
I have considered bikes as a bug out option, I don't think speed is that high on my list, but being quiet and bugging out without anyone noticing is!
(23 September 2013, 09:03)Midnitemo Wrote: [ -> ]Looks interesting , think bikes may have a big future , didn't see how they controlled the unit(throttle/potientiometer/switch) i guess its going to be down to price...any idea?

im not sure I think maybe it powers up when the back wheel turns and cuts out when it stops .
In the video, the last thing he does after clamping and before riding, is attach a cable that seems to go around the frame to the handlebars...

Looks like a socket on the other side of the clamp.
how well would it work on knobbled tyres? The demo vid he looks like he is using street slicks, and as others have pointed out. In the wet it might not get enough traction over the tyre to spin it sufficiently.

Pretty useful gadget though.
Pages: 1 2