Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Defence Weapons Lethal non-gun
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
One of the great problems with reading US based prepper sites, and indeed certain sub sections here, is the focus on guns.

Most of us do not have Shotgun Licences or Firearms Certificates.

I want to discuss in this thread other possibilities for lethal defence.

In My mind the first two might be..

Crossbow/Crossbow pistol.
Knife mounted on broom handle - Lance

what else peoples??
I was a collector of swords before I was a prepper,... I still have seven of them now, some of them I dont think would not be suitable for me,... but one or two of them may prove very handy

[ some of them would not be suitable ]
Part of our Cheshire meeting was taken up with a discusion on medieval weaponry/armour and its uses ,quite a lot of stuff could be quite useful....Timelord is very Knowledgable on the subject
TL did say he would write an article on the subject.

I must confess it opened my eyes and changed my views on defending the home from intruders.
pre shtf jiff lemon/after jiff with bleach ,acid .
sooner or later someone will say crowbar , try hitting stuff hard it takes it out of you quick most folk wont last 2 mins .
what ever you use ,get good at useing it being puffed out may cost you your life
^^^^^^^^^^^ acid in a water pistol could be a good idea
longbow, crossbow, crossbow pistol, catapult, slingbow, sword, spear, axe, machete, bayonet, survival knives, take your pick!Big Grin
Anhydrous Ammonia in a squirty bottle, whilst using the appropriate filter on a respirator.
I know there is a lot of talk about gun's but the ammunition wont last forever, so there use will eventually decline to very low levels....so edged weapons / trauma weapons / throwing weapons and bows will become the norm in the future , it would deffinately be of benefit to aquire and practice with some of these weapons now.
(30 September 2013, 17:51)Midnitemo Wrote: [ -> ]I know there is a lot of talk about gun's but the ammunition wont last forever, so there use will eventually decline to very low levels....so edged weapons / trauma weapons / throwing weapons and bows will become the norm in the future , it would deffinately be of benefit to aquire and practice with some of these weapons now.

I think it was TL that made an awesome post about how easy it is to make gun powder. Turns out...very easy. Guns will be around for a VERY long time.

Yesterday I wrote a huge reply on this subject, but I guess it didn't send. Anyway, to summarise, I said there's a difference between lethal weapons and lethal force.

A baseball bat is lethal force, as is running someone over with your car. However, there is a difference between lethal force and lethal weapons. Many items that are used with lethal force would be considered lethal weapons, but not all lethal weapons use lethal force. The easiest example is a poisoned dart. It might not dispatch a person instantly, like a heavy axe blow to the back of the neck, but it will dispatch them with a single use. Lethal force, for me at least, is time critical. Lethal weapons can remove a person up to 48 hours later, internal bleeding or something like that.

As for the whole water pistol's with acid thing (which we've all heard many times) it must be a really crap acid to be able to sit in a £2.50 water pistol. I think it's likely to be really weak, and thus not worth the effort.

One of the most effective lethal weapons is fire. You can knock someone out and then set fire to them. Much less hands on that chopping off their head.

In regard to building my own, I'll just stick to ones readily available. A sharp stick or broom handle, can cause enough trauma to kill a person, as can a brick thrown at their head. For as long as people have existed, we've worked out ever more creative ways to kill one another. Punju traps, bows and arrows, poison, guns, nuclear bombs, etc. Once TSHTF, that's when people will get really creative.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6