Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What are you planning next?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is a quick question to see what everyone is up to, but also to get ideas of what to do next.

So, what preps are you getting in place next?

Next for me will be sorting the base/floor of the loft and finishing some food sourcing systems.
Finally getting to the point of having a bit more cash (had no spare cash for months due to car and house problems) so will be sorting out the food stores and filling any gaps to make a 6 month minimum supply (will expand that at a later date) then on to SGC I think for both of us maybe FAC too .

storage will be sorted out as I go along and got a few ideas for that including under the bed and possible looking at emergence storage under the front room floor but that may well be longer term.

Personally I'm looking at getting up to a certain stage as quickly as possible then diverting most of the spare cash to work at getting debit free with the long term aim of moving, will still have a smaller budget for prepping though
Very similar to IKE i wan't to reduce my overheads and move ...£100 a month to spend on preps is soooooo slow to build...but yes would like to reduce my debts to a negligible amount to coincide with saving over £400 a month on maintenance so i can move out of the suburbs....at the mo i'm perusing the free gifts available with my credit card points...another waterbutt is looking favourite at the mo.
Also moving, hopefully within the next few weeks into a flat,

nice big underfloor space, approx 4ft high, 67sq m.

already have plans Big Grin
(1 October 2013, 15:57)I-K-E Wrote: [ -> ]Finally getting to the point of having a bit more cash (had no spare cash for months due to car and house problems) so will be sorting out the food stores and filling any gaps to make a 6 month minimum supply (will expand that at a later date) then on to SGC I think for both of us maybe FAC too .

storage will be sorted out as I go along and got a few ideas for that including under the bed and possible looking at emergence storage under the front room floor but that may well be longer term.

Personally I'm looking at getting up to a certain stage as quickly as possible then diverting most of the spare cash to work at getting debit free with the long term aim of moving, will still have a smaller budget for prepping though

IKE save yourself £50 you only need 1 sgc you can own as many as you like , buy as many cartridges as you like and the certificate holder can supervise the non cert holder , most clubs will allow non cert holders to shoot and all shooting grounds will.
Over the next few months find a aga/rayburn and fit it where the wood-burner is now. Still remember S13 you want first dibs on the wood-burner.
My next prep is to buy a thermal vision goggle set up ..... Yeah, I wish... :-)
My Plans are never ending Smile
Loft is on the list as is
More mountain house
Sorting the garden
Joining and buying archery club/equipment
Adding more security round the house.

List goes on Tongue
Getting my shotgun certificate sorted out, starting reloading / combat drills, getting a 125cc motorcycle (an older honda for EMP reliability) moving to a new martial arts group (KAPAP, similiar to Krav Maga,) more work experience at an small scale organic farm.
finish my aquaponics build Smile
Pages: 1 2