Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Bear Traps...but smaller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Really quick question.

Came across a load of mini bear traps, all modified so that they don't properly work, and are therefore legal. My question is, with limited modification they would very quickly become legal.

Would you do it and what's your view on using them?

Personally, I think they're cruel, but if you're starving and need a meal, then so be it. You've got to do what you've got to do. For me I think of them as a last resort.
to catch what , where i live their are a few deer and farm stock
Scythe, have you got a link??
No link mate. Had a friend send them to me.

For their size, I'd be looking at rabbits and those kinds of size animals. Having said that, I think they would be strong enough for a reasonable sized dog. Sheep and the alike would be too big.
We can still buy spring traps over here in all sizes imaginable.

https://www.google.com/#q=spring+traps&tbm=shop

Most are used for the same purposes you folks use the more fancy traps your laws require. They are the primary tools used for fox, mink, raccoon and other small fur bearers.

Even if you can not use the traps, or repair them, the flat springs that power the jaws make excellent knives.

They also make excellent decorations for shop or home, if you are into the "Primitive trapper" décor style.
got a few of the strong plastic type rat traps in my bug out pack, anything bigger i'll set up a few snares!
if you e going after rabbits you are better of with snares and they are much cheaper , easier to make and use . they can be made from wire / fishing line / para cord/ sting etcetera . you can set up 100 snares to one spring trap and they weigh nothing in a bug out bag
You can still buy and legally use certain spring traps. Fenn MK4 and MK6.

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/html/secti...-trap.html
S13- I have a couple of fenn traps. I will bring one along to the meet to demo if you want.
(6 October 2013, 10:14)MCavity Wrote: [ -> ]S13- I have a couple of fenn traps. I will bring one along to the meet to demo if you want.

That'd be cool mate.

I'll bring along some of the one's I've got a hold off.
Pages: 1 2