Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Where is the ideal place for a UK prepper?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I would really value your opinions on where is, in your opinion, the best place for a prepper / survivalist to set up a retreat, or live in the UK? I'm currently leaning towards rural Northumberland / Cumbria, but I don't know very much about those areas.[/align]
Geographically
Cumbria. Northumberland, North-West Scotland, Mid and West Wales, Dartmoor.
But climate is challenging in these places

Realistically:
Somewhere you know very well, that has low population density, fertile land, and reasonable climate
i'm not saying!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Pharaoh islands,iceland,greenland,shetlands...pretty much anywhere where the population density is less(be the shetlands for me if i had enough cash to build an off grid pad.

only joking bout the first three!!!! even i know there not in the UK

Shetlands...18000 souls over 80 individual islands ...property / land fairly cheap...quite harsh and cold but i like that.
trouble is (as we have said before) these are islands, there is a fine amount of land surrounded by water, some are tree less and others are just scrub, a lot of these places the food and supplies have to be shipped in on a regular basis.
(7 October 2013, 16:52)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]trouble is (as we have said before) these are islands, there is a fine amount of land surrounded by water, some are tree less and others are just scrub, a lot of these places the food and supplies have to be shipped in on a regular basis.

the Shetlands have been inhabitted for at least a couple of millenia...things do grow...admitedly not just anything ...peat for fires...fishing ...sheep and ponies....never short of a bit of wind for the turbines...geo thermal heating would work well too...not going to be everyones cuppa tea but i fancy it
(7 October 2013, 17:00)Midnitemo Wrote: [ -> ]
(7 October 2013, 16:52)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]trouble is (as we have said before) these are islands, there is a fine amount of land surrounded by water, some are tree less and others are just scrub, a lot of these places the food and supplies have to be shipped in on a regular basis.

the Shetlands have been inhabitted for at least a couple of millenia...things do grow...admitedly not just anything ...peat for fires...fishing ...sheep and ponies....never short of a bit of wind for the turbines...geo thermal heating would work well too...not going to be everyones cuppa tea but i fancy it

bit too cold for me!Big Grin

even here, in north devon we have a different climate to south devon.
Brixton
(7 October 2013, 17:34)River Song Wrote: [ -> ]Brixton

you jest-surely?
RS is just trying to shorten the oddslol...everyone she can send to brixton is one less to worry about!!! the frontline is pretty scary even before shtf!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3