Survival UK Forums

Full Version: cost of living
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
gas and electric have gone up in price again , food seems to go up every few weeks now
how are you prepping for this.....?

do you think it will get to a point where folk rebel/riot like in other lands

is their anything we can do or do we just take it on the chin..
(18 October 2013, 13:34)Sunna Wrote: [ -> ]gas and electric have gone up in price again , food seems to go up every few weeks now
how are you prepping for this.....?

do you think it will get to a point where folk rebel/riot like in other lands

is their anything we can do or do we just take it on the chin..

It's getting to the point when it won't be worth working. The only people who have money to spend are the ones on benefits. I work 60 -+ hrs a week and always seem to be paying bills. It will take a lot to get people to go as far as rebel. I think trying to use a cashless sociaty could work. If you have a tradable skill
the cost of living always goes up, its a fact of life, as long as I can pay the bills and put food on the table I don't care much-nothing I can do about it anyway, food seems to cost the same from week to week, don't see the total I pay at the till increasing much. it dosent affect my prepping.
You would more likely see riots if they had a government shut down like the US and the benefits went unpaid
(18 October 2013, 16:18)PreparednessUK Wrote: [ -> ]You would more likely see riots if they had a government shut down like the US and the benefits went unpaid

yes, but unlike the US we don't use food stamps, benefits are paid electronically into bank accounts.
Only while the Gov has money to do so. The banks don't fo it for free.

This is likely to be the trigger that starts everything off.

Going self sufficient is the way to get your food prices down.
It all depends on to what extent you want to cut down you bills.

You can grow your own food, produce your own power, heat, and water, and still have spent nothing, but it all takes time.

If you want to go off grid, you'll still have to pay taxes, just for living...council tax (technically it's an illegal tax, but that's another subject for another forum). So you'll still have to work, no matter what.
most folk have never known real cold/hunger/homelessness as we slip down the slipery slope to poverty ,i do wonder how things will turn out.
when tptb evict the first poor buggers who fell behind with the bedroom tax ,we already have coppers giving food stamps to shoplifters reported yesterday many people in work are just getting buy .
if we have a hard winter i think it will break a lot of folk, heat or eat...Huh
(18 October 2013, 23:43)Sunna Wrote: [ -> ]most folk have never known real cold/hunger/homelessness as we slip down the slipery slope to poverty ,i do wonder how things will turn out.
when tptb evict the first poor buggers who fell behind with the bedroom tax ,we already have coppers giving food stamps to shoplifters reported yesterday many people in work are just getting buy .
if we have a hard winter i think it will break a lot of folk, heat or eat...Huh

Over here they now have food banks but you are limited to how many times you can go there. Your right about the food stamps there was an old chap arrested for stealing a sandwich as he was Hungary. Big Paul your right about payments but did you see blackout about a month ago about the cyber attacks all you would need is some 12 yr old hacking there systems and poof no money paid. I only needs to be a couple days late most people eat as they buy so don't even have enough for a couple days
I see a long, slow slide into mass poverty as the biggest threat to the UK. I can't see any way to prevent it from happening, actions such as encouraging the Chinese to build power stations might keep the lights on for a bit longer, but the money will leave the country and our net wealth will decline. Much of the UK is already owned by foreigners, Germans own much of London, Japanese own huge amounts of UK forest land. As we struggle to pay our debts more and more of the UK will be sold to our creditors, primarily the Chinese who are trying to offload as many of their huge stash of dollars as they can while they are still worth something. Long term we'll be paying rent to the Chinese and Germans just to live here, there won't be much left for comforts.
Pages: 1 2