Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Urban 'flint knapping' arrow heads.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Quality video!

Think of it as the equivalent of urban flint knapping arrow heads!

Really good video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfMN3BVISmQ
I have seen this before, its a very cleaver way of doing it, and I would guess a very effective point
you can also make arrowheads out of bone, buy a bone from a pet shop for about a quid!
Interesting, but ultimately useless unless you take a Tardis back to the stone age.
an interesting skill to have should factory made arrow heads be unavailable post collapse.
(8 November 2013, 11:50)Steve Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting, but ultimately useless unless you take a Tardis back to the stone age.

Your lack of understanding about the subject or the associated skill and application of the technology shows how useless your reply was.
(8 November 2013, 12:54)Tartar Horde Wrote: [ -> ]
(8 November 2013, 11:50)Steve Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting, but ultimately useless unless you take a Tardis back to the stone age.

Your lack of understanding about the subject or the associated skill and application of the technology shows how useless your reply was.

The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones, it ended because we discovered much better ways to do things.

Now if you want to practice making stone age tools that's up to you, but don't pretend it's a useful survival skill.
Now now guys. Some people want to know how to do this. Some don't. No need to argue about it.
(8 November 2013, 14:56)Steve Wrote: [ -> ]Now if you want to practice making stone age tools that's up to you, but don't pretend it's a useful survival skill.

that's a strange thing to say Steve cos that's EXACTLY what it is.
Each and every person is allowed their view on survival skills. If you do not believe that is a useful skill Steve, you're allowed to have that view.

Personally, I like the idea of being able to get up and go, with very little gear, and be able to make many items that I may need. For example, let's say I'm messing about on Dartmoor (very common occurrence) and I do something stupid (equally common) so that I'm stuck in on Dartmoor without any of my gear (very possible). So, the simplest need is to provide for myself. This will be done in various ways. Having the ability to make arrow heads would be very helpful, in my opinion.

If you disagree, that's cool. Each and every to their own mate.

Hope you like the video.
Pages: 1 2 3 4