Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Getting better all the time?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Watching the main news media we are being told THINGS are getting BETTER and THINGS are starting to move.......? Well that might be the case in London BUT NOT around here.! Labour prices are forced down.....food prices are up.....utility bills up, NEW JOBS that's a laugh .....not only part time ....employers want to spread your hours over five days .....making it near impossible to hold two jobs to make ends meet. So what is this to do with prepping....? Everything...... I was talking to a lad that used to work for me.....a good lad , seen him in Aldis ....he asked why? All the milk .....because of the snow.? .....or .......wtshtf.....I was amazed by this....In the car park he carried on.....I started putting some food by ...when I was full time , but those days are gone ...along with the food I put by....take a look at this piece of shit ....pointing to a van....falling to bits ..any work about ? For me I am cheap as fuck these days NONE I say . THink I might loose the house .....his voice turns higher ......Fucking dig in son ,come out fighting I say....he nods his head and says your right........but I can see there is no fight left in the lad ......How can you start being a prepper when faced with this lot....people are just about surviving as it is.......THIS has done my head in...........So What's it like in your area .....spill the beans.
I don't think it is the case in London either.

The news is about the statistics and they are worded so that they show better on the news. The plain facts are that unskilled or partially skilled labour is no longer required. There is a massive surplus and the days when it didn't matter are long gone. People leaving school with no or basic qualifications are screwed.

However, if they guy is looking at that he should also be looking at what he can do to minimise his requirements on the system. Perhaps he can't. For some people there is nothing that can be done. Hope you pointed him to some sites so he could at least have a look at like minded people and see if there is anything he can do.
Similar down are way. I haven't had much work lately lucky I have an sia badge as things get worse people want security staff. Not the job I do out of choice but just about pays most of the bills but no saving much
thank god I have finished with all that employment crap, i'm retired and on a pension, no more of that trying to find work for me, I spent 8 years trying to find a job in the 90s and it was bloody impossible, employers don't want anyone over 40.this area is all minimum wage work anyway and most jobs, if there are any, are mostly part time.
TheThing is BP we will have hordes coming over the water soon WTF is that about PLEASE anyone explaine this to me ......I am eager for enlightenment.....and crave understanding of our gov.
Over here we have some strange statistics.

Unemployment for college grads is eventually zero, as is the rate for technically trained 2 year degrees.

12 year grads are running about 4% unemployed.

Less than 12 year non-grads are skipping along at 25-30% unemployed.

Problem I see is some of the unskilled people that do have jobs are too stupid to breathe on their own, and most do not want a job, they want a check.

Buying fast food really scares me!
(22 November 2013, 10:36)Straight Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]TheThing is BP we will have hordes coming over the water soon WTF is that about PLEASE anyone explaine this to me ......I am eager for enlightenment.....and crave understanding of our gov.

yeah, well most of that lot will be unemployable and living off OUR benefits SS, the ones that do find work will be doing it on the cheap.
Collapse by design BP ? Its the only reason I can logically think of, how else can you make sense of it? Or am I just a dull MF.
Trust me its shit in london,I live in the highest unemployment borough in london and it is seriously hard to get a job with no qualifications i have currently applied for over 40 jobs this week alone and they are shit jobs that anybody can do and i know i wont hear back from one.The unemployment figures are a lot higher than the government says,When they put you on these useless courses(work programme etc) it means you are now in training and while you are still signing on you are not classed as unemployed.It did not used to be like this before the EU expanded i used to earn more money when i was 15 and now im in my 30s,When the new year comes and the next shit load of foreigners come here its going to be a nightmare,Just glad im getting out of this shit hole very soon
(22 November 2013, 11:03)Straight Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]Collapse by design BP ? Its the only reason I can logically think of, how else can you make sense of it? Or am I just a dull MF.

probably..and all because of EU rules which our politicians blindly follow to a T !!whats the point of having 3 parties who are ALL pro Europe? where is the "opposition" in that?? we've got over 2 million of our own unemployed with a million youngsters unemployed who have never had a job, and come next January we will be swamped by a load of uneducated, unemployed, uncultured ROMA who don't even know NOT to crap in the streets?? bloody gets me!!

(22 November 2013, 11:25)TheFalcon Wrote: [ -> ]Just glad im getting out of this shit hole very soon

glad to hear that Falcon!
Pages: 1 2 3