Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Knowledge decreases weight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
While repacking my BOBs today, I noticed that there were a few items I could (and have) remove to get my bag weighing less, without effecting my capabilities.

It's interesting that my increase in skills is exactly what is allowing me to do this. One of my survival books (Ray Mears Bushcraft) has been removed, as have a couple of small items.

The total weight loss is pretty nice. My bag weighs about 1kg less now, and it's all because of my increase in knowledge.

To cut a huge conversation really short, if you want to lessen your gear, look into learning about how to use what you have better, but also to use what's naturally around you.
Paring your kit down is an evolutionary thing....you hump stuff you never use then overtime you bin it until you reach nirvana ...the perfect load out....I never got there...I still carry way to much stuff lolSmile

I view it as my own little extra personal work out...Big Grin
eventually Post SHTF, EVERYTHING will wear out or get used up, so the knowledge to make something to replace it or the knowledge how to live without it will be the difference between surviving and not.
i have a half bottle of vodka thats been in and out my rucksack so many times its a trusted old friend now!
Why is it then that all the smart people seem to be overweight?
(2 December 2013, 14:40)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]Why is it then that all the smart people seem to be overweight?

cos we is!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Smart preppers know that if they are 2 stone overweight the have a 30 day extended life span when the food supply runs out.

If you are 2 stone overweight and can scrounge up 500-1000 calories per day it will take you 3-4 months to get down to "normal weight".

We are not really overweight, we simply have a mobile reserve food storage unit.
(2 December 2013, 17:35)Mortblanc Wrote: [ -> ]Smart preppers know that if they are 2 stone overweight the have a 30 day extended life span when the food supply runs out.

If you are 2 stone overweight and can scrounge up 500-1000 calories per day it will take you 3-4 months to get down to "normal weight".

We are not really overweight, we simply have a mobile reserve food storage unit.

aint that the truth, we'll last longer than all these skinny "racing snakes" post SHTFBig GrinBig Grin
I have been described as big framed , tubby , chubby and plain old fat but I prefer "Famine resistant"
(2 December 2013, 17:46)Midnitemo Wrote: [ -> ]I have been described as big framed , tubby , chubby and plain old fat but I prefer "Famine resistant"

I prefer the "big boned"!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6