Survival UK Forums

Full Version: resources.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
from the excellent James Wesley Rawles American blog, talking about finding stuff after TSHTF, I was impressed by the "water cooler" item-do they use that in the UK? I know some hospitals do. http://www.survivalblog.com/2013/12/stil...tim-b.html
The water bottles are common and heavy enough so people will not want to take one, never mind many of them very far. The only problem is once you have run out of the little paper cups... Huh

The bottles, if you can get ahold of them cheap or free with the flat ends cut off make superb bell cloches, you have to buy antique glass ones to beat them and they cost propper money.
(16 December 2013, 18:51)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]I was impressed by the "water cooler" item-do they use that in the UK?

Yeah, you still find the water coolers in offices / shops / factories etc.
Some no longer have the water bottle on top, instead opting to be plumbed straight into the cold water feed.
The office downstairs has the old style pre-filled bottles, often see a dozen or so new bottles waiting in the storage area.

You can have fun with the empties too - you can put quite a bit of pressure into them before the seams blow...
they are very useful as garden mini greenhouses/cloches or for just storing water, NOT as a plaything for BM!Big Grin

in fact STOP playing with them BM and bring some empties back with you, i'll find a use for them next spring in the garden.