Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Huff post on prepping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Excellent analogy of prepping from big businesses viewpoint in New York before and after Hurricane Sandy

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/05...78773.html
So, you heard it from Goldman Sachs; TS IS going to HTF!

I think it's good that events such as Sandy raise the issue of preparedness in the eyes of the average person. The more people are prepared, the fewer desperate souls there will be wandering around after an event. You have to be independent before you become inter-dependent. "Affix your own mask before helping someone else". Sadly though, I suspect the article may be right, and people's attention span will be short and they will get back to living the high life. Until the next event!

Fill marks to the hotdog guy. OK, he lost $65,000 but, if he hadn't prepped, he could have lost the whole business. That's a lot of petrol to be storing though!
It's a shame it's from 2012. Would have been good to have prepping more 'mainstream'. I guess it's not right.
any event happening is short lived, people think about it for awhile, then when nothing else happens they forget all about it, its the same on prepping forums, we get an influx of new members after an event then when nothing happens they all go onto the next "fad" and forget all about it....until the next Situation X !!!