Survival UK Forums

Full Version: A good example of how the sheeple behave even now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Imagine how they would react if there was real poverty and food shorages, Mind you I'll admit Slough like most of Berkshire is only Britain by name these days.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...nters.html
what are we talking here-50p off a packet of carrots? blimey-get a grip you sheeple!!Tongue
It is a mob mentality - trust me, try it out. Go to a supermarket, stop in any aisle - does not matter if it is cheese, cooked meat, chocolates - anything. Stop and look at something for 45-90 seconds - you will get at least three people come right in at you to see what you are looking at for fear they are missing out.

When you add in random products of the cheap fridge and the fact they inspect things before they put them in their baskets, it is carnage.

Having said that, I have a couple of times got large legs of organic lamb for £10-15. The proles are not looking for a bargain, they are looking for something cheap. The organic stuff normally goes in with a day left on it as it is unlikely to move. As I buy organic / pasture raised meat anyway, I am getting a bargain that goes in the chest freezer.

People battle over stuff that is on its last day that I could not imagine eating fresh. Cheaper cheap sausages, recovered turkey meat shapes, that nasty A6 plastic ham - perhaps I am a snob buy if I had so little money I was scrapping for that crap, I would rather live on sliced potatoes baked in milk and fresh greens.
That's fine, leave 'em to it! Avoid supermarkets completely, too many people. If it's based in Slough then this is a daily occurrence! When I drive through I don't even stop at the traffic lights for fear some feral scrote will try to pinch the wheels off my truck.

It doesn't bode well, should anything happen, but this isn't new behavior unfortunately...
(20 December 2013, 10:02)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]That's fine, leave 'em to it! Avoid supermarkets completely, too many people. If it's based in Slough then this is a daily occurrence! When I drive through I don't even stop at the traffic lights for fear some feral scrote will try to pinch the wheels off my truck.

It doesn't bode well, should anything happen, but this isn't new behavior unfortunately...

I like to enter Tesco wearing a gum-shield. When shit gets real, the party begins haha
when the shit gets real I'm hunkering down, no running the gauntlet of mobs for me, thank you very much.
(21 December 2013, 10:41)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]when the shit gets real I'm hunkering down, no running the gauntlet of mobs for me, thank you very much.

I just meant when the items get marked down in the reduced section, that's all haha.
(21 December 2013, 10:43)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]
(21 December 2013, 10:41)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]when the shit gets real I'm hunkering down, no running the gauntlet of mobs for me, thank you very much.

I just meant when the items get marked down in the reduced section, that's all haha.

oh is that all! we buy reduced stuff all the time, no probs, but then we westcountry people are more refined anyway, we don't squabble over a 50p pack of carrots!!Big Grin* "after you, no I insist -after you!"Big GrinBig Grin
(21 December 2013, 10:48)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]oh is that all! we buy reduced stuff all the time, no probs, but then we westcountry people are more refined anyway, we don't squabble over a 50p pack of carrots!!Big Grin* "after you, no I insist -after you!"Big GrinBig Grin

Very true. If they refuse the offer of "After you", that's when we say "It's okay old sport, I grow plenty in the garden, please, after you."
(21 December 2013, 10:50)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]
(21 December 2013, 10:48)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]oh is that all! we buy reduced stuff all the time, no probs, but then we westcountry people are more refined anyway, we don't squabble over a 50p pack of carrots!!Big Grin* "after you, no I insist -after you!"Big GrinBig Grin

Very true. If they refuse the offer of "After you", that's when we say "It's okay old sport, I grow plenty in the garden, please, after you."

exactly, and if it isn't growing in the garden I can buy it fresh(not flown half way around the world) in our local weekly market. some things we don't grow ourselves cos its so ridiculously cheap it aint worth the effort!
Pages: 1 2