Survival UK Forums

Full Version: New Year's Resolutions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't normally do New Year resolutions - they're for indecisive people - but thought I'd play devils advocate. Anyone out there making some definitive plans to improve their lot?

Personally, I'm going to revolt - against everything (as a matter of principle); get my garden zoned properly and investigate some new veggies to grow; increase my poultry flock, and break another of our equines to harness. Should keep me busy.
More like New Year's projects I guess.

Garden, then continue the loft. With garden, a fence to stop the dogs getting to the other half will make all the difference!!! Just what I've been needing!!!
For the first time in many years I have actually made a resolution...to not give a Rats behind what other people think, want, believe or say about me, my lifestyle, their lifestyle or how my lifestyle should be like their lifestyle. In the nicest possible way everyone can go hang.
I need a break......
Nope, not for me Mary.

Already given up smoking. Well, almost, it's an e-cig for me now.

Busy time ahead though. New baby due in 9 weeks and I have to move house before then, all whilst fitting in weekly 90 mile round trips to the hospital for scans and whatnot. Oh, and I'm still working 200 miles away from home for 3 days of the week.

So I suppose I do have a new years resolution, to use my time more efficiently. Or to give up sleep Huh Big Grin

(2 January 2014, 23:21)TOF Wrote: [ -> ]I need a break......

[Image: kitkat_2137105b.jpg]
NOOOOOO please, no more chocolate! (there's something you don't hear a woman say very oftenBig Grin)
(2 January 2014, 23:43)TOF Wrote: [ -> ]NOOOOOO please, no more chocolate! (there's something you don't hear a woman say very oftenBig Grin)

If our dog could speak I think he'd be saying the same thing.

Bugger ate a whole selection box thing that was for little'un AND a load of fancy home made chocolates that the wife bought. I think he learned his lesson the next day Rolleyes
We don't do resolutions either, but I have decided on a few things that need to change, for instance, more thinking about what I REALLY need and not being the consumerist sheep that I have been guilty of recently.More time doing hands on stuff here and less time reading about it in books and on forums!, I think that though is in part due to busy time of year with business and short days with inclement weather.
My orienteering is not anywhere near where it should be either so that's another, but it fits in with our joint desire to spend more time on the moors and beach walking/combing like we used to.
We will be doing a bit of the latter this week as the storms and big tides will have brought in tonnes of seaweed, which we bag and bring back, and of course there will be lots of other goodies washed up.
watch out with that chocolate BM, dogs aren't supposed to eat human chocolate...it can KILL them, that's why there is doggy chocs!
I will not post anything that will piss off Skean Dhude (well, at least not too much)!