Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Still on the Road.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After a month or two away from here I thought id check in ! still
Working full time, young family and an OH that's still not fully onboard Sad.. still this doesn't stop me from prepping in the spare time I have ...ive dropped in on the forum during my away time and am abit disappointed that there hasn't been more of "us" from the North East of England "show themselves" on here ...so I guess its just NR and myself to share most of County Durham Smile ive sold my jeep ( the tax/ins was too much to pull out !! and I thought to myself ..this is X amount of tins etc..so it went ...but couldn't "negotiate" a decent cash kickback (from wife)as it was close to Xmas...so that was a real nut kicker seeing 90% go to electronic games and the like !! I spent my cut on preps..better than nothing I know, my plans as to stay or go haven't really changed ..its "bug in" till its time to "bug out" !! ive got two fall back locations with small caches but tbh...I cant find a BOL that hasn't been found /used before by kids/teenage drinking/"smoking" areas etc.
I know a lot of you may know/remember my own thoughts on various Conspiracys..that hasn't changed....BUT what I do prepp for is three main down falls of mankind:
A POLE SHIFT...a lot of us are on to this..there are facts out there !

COLLAPSE OF THE WORLD ECONOMY....very possible still..IMO !

SOLAR FLARE/EMP ..now NASA are talking bout it more and more.

I think the Pole Shift and Suns Solar cycle are linked..with this 13,000 year cycle, it MAY have happened before...I still don't buy into global warming ....I think this is a natural change for this planet ...I personally think there is more Ice ages to follow...but Humankind wont be around to see this...NO MATTER how many underground bases the yank gov build in their prepps againt a known to come extinction level event. fast forward 20,000 years the NEW inhabitants of this planet may be digging US up and our societys relics...We are their Dinosaurs....Cheers RW
Thanks for the update, very surprised that there aren't more preppers you can link to up North. Re your last comment, makes you wonder how many advanced past civilizations have come and gone in Earth's history that are now just myths...
well if you can make a comeback so can i ...Blush

do you still like to dress up like rob...Wink

good to see you back
sunna
No Sunna ..that" was" Rob H, since coming off here last autumn time had a look around for an other site and even joined another ...BUT I never got past posting a short intro ..the fucking restrictions and posting rules ..a nightmare ..cud not be on with all that...way OTT imo....so that was my "other site" experience ! not surehow many others are gone from here but very pleased SS is still on!
Bloody hell ....sunna....road warrior......looks like we got a convoy......comon back ?
as far as ''us from up north'' goes im still here, just havent really had much to say really, other than that my aquaponics set up has hit a brick wall after my greenhoue was destroyed by high winds. just didnt think that deserved a post of its own.
I wonder how many of are actually still prepping up here as in a " ball park" figure ? maybe less than 200..! not that we/I will ever know...
Sometimes if im out in say Durham city and see some bloke (usually bearded) wearing a camo /ex army jacket and pair of walking boots ..and maybe even a army type backpack , I nudge the wife and say " see him ..bet hes a prepper"...she replys with summat like .." whatever Dear..you shud all get tattoos saying you are " in fun she meant !! then I think to myself ..if we had a UK prepper handsign....LOL...but don't mean in a black gang or dodgy masonic way either!!!
but seriously ..wish there was a bigger "scene" ...obviously abit of a craic wud be goods face to face...and am not getting into RV territory either !!....makes me think how many of "US" are really switched on in the real world ??? BTW sorry to hear about your greenhouse mate...would "conservatory roofing material not be better ??
Sorry to hear that H ......head down pal start over
>> RW

A Prepper Sign? Handshake? We'll all be turning into a masonic lodge before you know it and they don't take wimmin

How about the Paracord 550 bracelet. When I see one of those on someone, i usually think "prepper".

BTW the reply feature on the forum no longer quotes
I noticed that too-that the reply button dosent reply with quote anymore.....anyone know why??
Pages: 1 2