Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Forum Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As you are more than likely aware we have had a few issues with the sites over the last week.

It hasn't been the main board celebrating its third birthay but was caused by a completely different site upgrading to the latest version of Wordpress. It seems the Wordpress team has now decided it wants a ton of processes and loads of additional memory instead of the simple system everyone loved. This shouldn't be a problem normally but my ISP, 1 and 1 have decided that my package, called Professional Unlimited, has a limit on the memory available which means I have now got a problem with memory. The package just hasn't kept up with the times where everything needs more memory so they want me to lose that package and upgrade. Their customer service sucks but that seems to be a standard nowadays.

Anyway, this upgrade caused memory issues across the server with every site running slow and with intermittent timeouts. It took a while to work out what it was because I was working away and when I started to investigate the performance was OK. It didn't help that the user had upgraded without telling me so I was in the dark a bit.

I've now sorted the issue so everything should be back to normal. Thank you to everyone who let me know by a multitude of methods.