Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Where there is no Doctor!!!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally received my copy from a fleabay trader after the first one allegedley went adrift en route.....love the book think its a great addition to my hard copy medical reference books , the cartoon type images i love too but my one gripe is its pretty flimsy in its build for something that an african traveller/aid worker might want to have about his person....ideally i'd like the book again but more sturdy, a bit like the st john's ambulance first aid manual , was wondering if the other editions are more sturdy(mine is the yellow/blue 2009 re print)or is it available in hardback?
My version, although it is older, is just like every other book. The only flimsy ones I have that don't come in non flimsy is the Gingery set.
when i say flimsy i mean the spine is very weak and the pages are the same kind of paper that old telephone directories were made of , very very thin , prone to tearing and the tiniest bit of water on them and they will turn to mush
Nothing like my copy. I have just an ordinary book. Sounds like your is from a third world printers.
Good article on the medical relief mission to the Phillipines after the recent typhoon

http://www.takepart.com/feature/2014/01/...7frEHgUTWA