Survival UK Forums

Full Version: bear grylls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bear grylls urban survival not sure if its a repeat or not but looks good to me. Discovery channel tomorrow Sunday 9th 6.am
in my opinion anyone that tries to follow the Bear Grills school of survival is going to get themselves killed. there are some good tips but theyre clouded by crap.
Clouded by television's desire to make "Good/Watchable TV", would probably be more accurate.

We had a good chat about Mr Grylls last time we all met. It was interesting to see the different opinions and perceptions everyone had of him.

I think the Urban one is his attempt to make his Wilderness Experience seem applicable to 'normal life'.

The program seemed like a good way to bring survivalism to kids living in an urban area, but not really a decent 'survival skills course' kind of video.

Worth a watch, it's good TV, but if you have reasonable experience in survival skills, it's just good TV. If you're new to it, it sparks the imagination and makes you want to learn more. So in that respect, it is still worth a watch.
the last person I want anywhere near me in a survival situation is Bear Grylls, the guy is an accident waiting to happen.
It may have been over dramatized but was entertaining the improve rat trap was a good thing in my mind as trapping is a area I've not looked in to but will do nw. Well not for rats but rabbits post shtf
nothing wrong with rats Smile just avoid the bladder and keep your hands clean of urine. and with a couple of their little skins and you can have some nice rat skin socks Big Grin