Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Food for Two Weeks - Can you help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With the current floods etc, Food security could become an issue.

I'm all for taking a modular approach in large plastic containers

So ......

Assuming 2 adult persons
what would you store?

Can you point me to a (non-US) list?

Thanks
We have 2 buckets set up with things in.
Look what we found packets of
Chunky Chilli Beef
Beef & Pork Meatballs
Pork & Chicken Pepperpot
Spicy Tomato & Chickpea Tagine
West Highland Wild Venison Stew
Tees Valley Beef Bolognese
Yorkshire Dales Lamb Hotpot
Beef & Basil Meatballs
Tees Valley Beef Cilli Con Carne
Staffordshire Chicken Casserole
Beef Bolognese with Basil & Oregano
Campbells Carton Soup Mediteranian Tomato
Smash potato
Knorr Pot Noodle
Peas & Carrots 400g 2
John west Tuna
Soup Beef Tomato & Onion 400g
Soup Beef & Vegetable 400g
Baked beans 200g
Corned Beef 340g
Ham 400g
Jersey Royal New Potatoes 540g
Crackers
Cerals
Bacon
Eggs
Sausages
Tomato Ketchup
Salad cream
Mustard
Philadelphia
Flora spread
Natural ‘chewey bars’
Digestives 2
KitKats 16 pack
Pringles
Squash
Powered milk
Condensed milk
Other things can be picked up off the kitchen work top like tea, coffee and sugar etc
Look in your pantry. What have you got stored there? Next time you are shopping just buy double what you buy remembering that some items, salt, sugar, tea, coffee, etc. you don't buy every week.

Even if you forget something you could live without it for two weeks so just get the basics if money is an issue.
Thinking a bit more about it. If two weeks worth of food is an issue you could have a major issue if the ice and snow we have been promised comes along as well.

I think everyone should have a minimum of a month. Prepper or not.
14 rat packs.
I always thought food security was an issue anyway that's why we have food storage! with the supermarkets "just in time" delivery system we are 3 days from anarchy at anytime not just in time of flood or strikes or whatever else.
Thanks for all your comments. Let me clarify..

I've got approx 2 months supplies but looking to extend this to at least 6 months.
My brain doesnt work along the lines of what do i need for 4 months.

I tend to modularise in 1 or 2 week segments. (Looking at my pantry doesnt help - believe me -- its along story)

So I could take
Breakfast porridge or cereal for 2 x 14
Skimmed or Whole Milk Powder - Probably 1kg
Whole egg powder - 1kg
Canned Bread
Canned Butter 2 x 250g

Thick Soups 2 x 14

Dinner
tinned beef, luncheon meat, stewed steak - enough for 2 x 14
Some kind of sauce
Canned Vegetables
Potato Powder

Sugar 1kg
Coffee/Tea

Maybe some tinned fruit
Can opener

Harveys
2 months into 6 months= X 3 ???
If the world went to hell tomorrow I'd have enough food for my household(not my group) for six months easily but it'd be a mighty boring existence....tend to buy in bulk as I'm very cost conscious(some would say tight!)have 400 standard portions of par boiled rice , 240 portions of dried fusilli pasta 240 cans of cheese(soon to be 120 as it was a shared buy)7kg salt 7kg sugar approx. 40 various can's off meat/fish and the same in bean's/veg and the same again in soups...boring but 6 months for the household...tinned bread is my next food bulk purchase.
Whilst its lovely to have a great variation of foods in a short term bind where things are going to get back to normal, but surely having any decent food in quantities is more important than a wide variety, people die of starvation not boredom , I appreciate you've got to try and balance the nutritional needs on a daily basis for health sake....I'm for quantity over variety....put together a seven day rotating menu and that should be enough.
Pages: 1 2