Survival UK Forums

Full Version: man down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
well came back from a shooting trip on monday all good deer in the freezer
tuesday morning in agony with my knee that night got so bad in casualty ended up in a leg brace loads of tablets and an appointment for fracture clinic next thursday now im basically immobile my wife is now doing the stuff i usualy do keeping woodburner going as we all know the storms we are having
next power is out so out comes parafin lamps wind up torches and candles
i have to say with a bit of guidence she has coped really well with fences blowing down and of course the black out etc
then sitting down to tea tonight (well i was lying down in a way ) she turned around to me and said not many houses with candle light on the go and they cant have much heating as all gas and need electric for instruments so were probably the warmest house were we are im glad your a prepper i will have to get more involved
music to my ears always had her backing in a way but two thinking on the same level is always better in fact she told me off for not having enough diesel for the generator if the power is off for long term
got to get that sorted this week lol
sorry to hear that Bow get yourself sorted pal.....great about wifey ....I am glad your a prepper pal ..you sound sorted to me.....well done Bow! SS
Hope you are back on your feet before to long.
Hello Bowdrill, I'm sorry to hear your bad news and hope that it's nothing serious. Keep us informed. Kenneth Eames.
Scary to get incapacitated like that. Hope the leg heals quickly Bowdrill.

Mrs B coming more fully on board is a bonus. I hope she'll find that its difficult to keep a good man down Smile
get well soon. It's so great that your OH is on board.

Next job - train her to shoot deer
You may be laid up, but Mrs BD has come over to the dark side, every cloud has a silver lining BD. Get well soon.
Hope you're okay mate. Good luck with the doctors and your next check. Any idea how it happened?

Silver Lining, about the wife!!! That's so good mate!!!

I'm about 70% there with mine. She thinks I'm a bit extreme, but is okay to let me plod along and store the odd tin or 2. Just glad she doesn't check the stores to see how much they're actually growing by HAHA.

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation, but really pleased the wife is now onboard and understands why we do what we do.

Let us know how it goes with your next appointment.
Hi BD, it's a bummer that you're laid up and I hope it's nothing too serious or that will come back to haunt you later in life. That's what happened to me - paying for my mis-spent youth!

Good though, that, seeing the effectiveness of your prepping, further convinces your other half of the wisdom of it.

Funnily enough, my principle problem with prepping to date, has been SWMBO and her resistance to 'your wee hobby', as she puts it but last night, although we didn't lose power altogether, we did have a flicker or two that I took as a warning and I dug out the few bits and bobs I have put together like a couple of lamps, torches, candles and so on and a meths camping stove. Today though, she wants to go to a new shop she's seen to get a proper emergency stove with a couple of rings and a grill!

Bad weather can have a bright side...
what on earth did you do to cause that? good job its not post collapse!!Big Grin get better soon mate!Tongue
Pages: 1 2